My Wireless Network Won't Stay Connected!

I have just installed my wireless network. Both of the computers I have it connected to are working fine.

But about every 20 minutes the network stops working and I have to unplug and then reconnect my router to get it working again.

How can I get the network to work forever?

I have Windows XP, and no firewall enabled. I ran system restore on both computers so they are exactly the way they were when I first bought them. And the router I own is the latest official Microsoft one.

I have the same problem, Wireless Network's SUCK.

Makesure you have nothing that may be screw up the reception. My problem is more of reception, Lost Connect, Connected, over and over. It get's really annoying. First you need to makesure you have no cellphones around or anything that may disturb the connection. Even microwaves can disturb it. Play around with the antenna a little and also the configuration settings in the router. That's all you can really do. :lol:

Have you tried just waiting? Because with my wireless network, it drops off line occasionally (a little box pops up on top of the icon on the taskbar and says "signal strength: no signal, and occasionally there's an x through the icon and the box says "wireless connection unavailable". But if I just wait 5 seconds, it usually fixes itself.

Edit: it sounds like my problem is the same as Gamecop's. It's annoying sometimes, but USUALLY fixes itself before any disruption occurs.

Edited by random guy

i wish i have wireless but my mom said that we live in an apartment so we don't need it but my uncle have wireless in his house. His works great i've tried at his house the connection is great and u can go to the third floor and it'll still work and das without another adopter to brige the connection too bad the wireless adopter he get was from Cisco and he get it from work. so it's not for sell.

P.S. Sorry for being off topic and not helping but i just had to say that

Ok, make sure you dont have any cordless phones that were made after 1997 (<*2.4GHZ). It seems that they operate on the same frequence as the current wireless routers. Make sure also that you don't set a the telephone recivier near it, keep it in another room altogther. You're best bet is not using anything like a cordless telephone or cell phone near or around the wireless router

Are you sure your router settings doesn't have a 20min disconnect option???

Is there such a thing?

If there is, where would I find the option to turn it off.

And an update on my situation:

I think the network is signalling messages fine. It's just that the internet is unaccessible through the router after about 20 minutes.

Is there such a thing?

I think the network is signalling messages fine. It's just that the internet is unaccessible through the router after about 20 minutes.

I'm not sure...but I know some wireless routers have an option to make the router either sleep or shut down the connection if you are idle for a period of time...but not many routers have that option so I wouldn't think that would be the problem...

Have you tried updating your routers firmware or asking for help at the manufactuers forum???

Is there such a thing?

I'm not sure...but I know some wireless routers have an option to make the router either sleep or shut down the connection if you are idle for a period of time...but not many routers have that option so I wouldn't think that would be the problem...

Have you tried updating your routers firmware or asking for help at the manufactuers forum???

Manufacturers usually don't have forums. :-D They have horrible message boards where nothing ever gets answered and your question is buried by other mindless garbage.