My Wireless Network Won't Stay Connected!

Are you sure your router settings doesn't have a 20min disconnect option???

Is there such a thing?

If there is, where would I find the option to turn it off.

And an update on my situation:

I think the network is signalling messages fine. It's just that the internet is unaccessible through the router after about 20 minutes.

I'm not sure...but I know some wireless routers have an option to make the router either sleep or shut down the connection if you are idle for a period of time...but not many routers have that option so I wouldn't think that would be the problem...

Have you tried updating your routers firmware or asking for help at the manufactuers forum???

Manufacturers usually don't have forums. :-D They have horrible message boards where nothing ever gets answered and your question is buried by other mindless garbage.

Have you ever seen a manufacturer's forum? I sure haven't.

Are you sure your router settings doesn't have a 20min disconnect option???

Is there such a thing?

If there is, where would I find the option to turn it off.

And an update on my situation:

I think the network is signalling messages fine. It's just that the internet is unaccessible through the router after about 20 minutes.

I'm not sure...but I know some wireless routers have an option to make the router either sleep or shut down the connection if you are idle for a period of time...but not many routers have that option so I wouldn't think that would be the problem...

Have you tried updating your routers firmware or asking for help at the manufactuers forum???

Manufacturers usually don't have forums. :-D They have horrible message boards where nothing ever gets answered and your question is buried by other mindless garbage.

Have you ever seen a manufacturer's forum? I sure haven't.

I don't think so...they have that terrible tech support line. And if your lucky, they'll have a chat one where you ask a bot for help.

Jeffkong, buy another router and see if it has the same problems. You can return it when you're done with it, but it will give you an idea on what the major problem is. As Gamecop said, wireless connections suck. I set one up at my mom's friend's house and it runs ok. The computer that is connected directly to the cable modem gets awesome speeds, but on my friend's computer in his room, he can't even get Bit torret to go over like 5 kb/s. And pages take forever to load.

Try changing the frequency of the router in the control panel. I just saw that in mine and I am going to play around with it for a while. Right now mine is set to 6Mhz (if that's what frequency even is.. not too familiar with that kind of stuff).

Wireless networking is still a relatively new and unproven technology. It's quite slower than the rj-45 networks and offers no real benefits. The only real benefit is if you share the internet and you have your pc's located in different parts of the house. It sux for gaming and is really only decent at best for normal browsing.

I was going to buy a wireless router but after reading this post i won´t do it, i rather stay wired than having all this problem. yesterday i was at my friend house who has a linksys B router but it happened that from time to time you couldn´t browse the internet, it seems to loose connection and from i´ver read it seems that linksys B router got suddenly disconnected from time to time. I´l stay wired mean while.