Best Rpg Opinion Thread!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

breathe of fire series.. pokemon !  :lol:

mah first rom and emulator ever was pokemon red for gameboy color. i hate pokemon but wow that was addictive hahah

Pokemon cartoons and shite, but the games rule. :blink:

Xenogears n Xenosaga r related but not officially.  Both games have been published by different companies but the same development team made both, n the games have too many themes that they both share to be strictly unrelated.  Some say it's an alternate universe thing, others say it's an actual prequal, regardless of either circumstance those 2 games r related because it's just too uncanny not to be.

Anway, don't forget about FFT!  Loved the story in this game.  Right under XG.

Xenogears and Xenosaga are related, mentioned offically by the team. Square didn't want to publish the rest of the titles so they left for Namco. There are many reasons why someone would call it an Alternate Universe. But the team them selves said it is not, it is a prequal on how Gears became used more and more. In Xenosaga, they've placed many connections with Xgears, its not funny.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Agozer. :lol:

Back to the main topic: I personally liked FF9; many of my favorite tunes are from that game. The story as well as much of the character dialogues didn't try too hard to come off as "serious" and "dark", which is one thing I liked -- many of the dialogues were also quite funny.

I know many were turned off by the character designs, saying things like how the characters looked deformed or like little kids, but those people often don't understand that it's just a form of art.

Battle system was pretty fun, with the job class and all that. Yes, I do know that some parts of the plot were borrowed from older FF, but to me, I think they made some improvements and it worked out in the end. That's just my opinion though, and I know many didn't like this game.

To all that have played it. It is highly respectable. Forgotten :lol: butthe Final Fantasy that I remember the most, and I beat it before 7 :P Character design was great (Garnet = cute :blink:) The battle system still needed some time, but it was good. Excellent plot (reminds me of 4 for some reason though). And and, ZADIAN HAS A TAIL!

Xenogears n Xenosaga r related but not officially.  Both games have been published by different companies but the same development team made both, n the games have too many themes that they both share to be strictly unrelated.  Some say it's an alternate universe thing, others say it's an actual prequal, regardless of either circumstance those 2 games r related because it's just too uncanny not to be.

Anway, don't forget about FFT!  Loved the story in this game.  Right under XG.

Xenogears and Xenosaga are related, mentioned offically by the team. Square didn't want to publish the rest of the titles so they left for Namco. There are many reasons why someone would call it an Alternate Universe. But the team them selves said it is not, it is a prequal on how Gears became used more and more. In Xenosaga, they've placed many connections with Xgears, its not funny.

Yes, I know there r many connections. I haven't followed the scene on XS for a while. When I did back when it first came out it wasn't official if the 2 games were directly related n we debated back n forth about it for days. I guess the team has made it official finally, which is great. That makes the overall series that much sweeter.

what if SNK make a RPG with KOF char. ? i bet ppl would love it tho they could make the game stupid in someway

Yeah, its called KOF Kyo. :P I haven't seen it in stores anywhere and there's not ROM for it. :blink:

Thats because its for the PC....There is also KOF Online...

what if SNK make a RPG with KOF char. ? i bet ppl would love it tho they could make the game stupid in someway

Yeah, its called KOF Kyo. :P I haven't seen it in stores anywhere and there's not ROM for it. :blink:

Thats because its for the PC....There is also KOF Online...

Oh, I thought it was for Playstation and only in Japan. Oh well, I won't be playing it so it doesn't matter. :lol:

RPGS?...Oi, where to start...

Final Fantasy - Okay, Most of the more modern FFs(7+) are way too easy, unless you count the uber hard bosses, which aren't really uber hard, because the only way to beat them usually involves using some absurd, almost cheap, tactic or combo.

Especially FF9, that is one of the easiest games ever. Your characters do max damage without you trying. The main sidequest was a randomized hot & cold game, and is one of my least favorite side quests to date.

FFTactics was one of my favorite games...until the end when it got too easy. Fortunately, by leaving out the uber characters like Orlandu and...Orlandu, it can be a lot harder. And you can keep playing it to try out different party combinations.(My favorite(And the best ever) consists of a Samurai, 2 Bards & 2 Dancers ;) )

The early FF's were pretty good, I guess...

I'm still wondering why 3 hasn't been released in America yet, it's one of my favs.

Xenogears - was awesome. The combo system was great, but magic tended to never be used. Xenosaga, IMO, wasn't near as good, but it's still fun.

What else...

Kingdom Hearts - I haven't played it yet even though I keep telling myself to. It looks stupid because it's Disney, but it looks cool because it's Square.

It also has a Nightmare Before Christmas area, which has to be cool.

PC RPGS - My PC sucks pretty bad so I can't play many, but they're still fun. Especially online, unless you have to pay monthly! :D

BOF - 3, 4, and that PS2 one are all fun. 1 & 2 are okay...

Other(Square) - Saga Frontier was awesome, SF2 was okay, Unlimited Saga was too limited.

Parasite Eve is one of my favorite games EVER. If you don't have it yet shell out 10 bucks for a used copy and play it.

Vagrant Hearts has eluded my grasp for some time...

Brave Fencer Musashi(I think that was an RPG) is awesome, another one everyone should play at least once.

Bahamut Lagoon is an okay strategy game for the SNES, try it out once.

Front Mission was Square right? One way or another, it owns. Play it for SNES, or if you know Japanese play 2 & 3 for various systems. Or wait a bit and play 4 in English!(I'm so excited :) )

Other(Other/Unknown) - Battle Hunter is a fun but simple RPG where you move around on one of a few grey boards in a turn based board game and collect random junk. It's fun multiplayer anyway...

Grandia - Haven't played...

.HACK//WHATEVER - Very fun technically action RPG. It's supposed to simulate an online game, which it doesn't do so well as some say, but it's plot and general gameplay rules. (Comes in four Episodes!)

POKEMON - Fun game there, it's gotten better over time. There's a lot of things that could make someone not like it thought, so be cautious...

Dragon Warrior - Mostly fun, I often spent a long time walking back and forth leveling, but otherwise it's fun.

Mario RPG = Good

Paper Mario = Good

Mario & Luigi = Bad

Zelda(all but Wind Waker) is good, but Wind Waker was too easy, and you spent too much time sailing around in an ugly boat.

Disgaea! We can't forget Disgaea, it's one of the best Strategy RPGs ever! You play as a Demon and you can use all these weapons, and it looks pretty...and yeah. Also has a prequel/sequel depending on where you live and how bad I am at spelling.

Speaking of Strategy RPG's, Fire Emblem is top on the list. We only have one in America but it's one that's AWESOME.

Shadowrun was fun, but the it's more fun P&P. It would make an awesome MMORPG, but it hasn't been done yet. Trivia: originally held copyrights to

"The Matrix"!

Mega Man Battle Network - Thats great too, especially because it contains Megaman. Seems aimed toward a younger audience though...

Secret of Mana and all of its sequels are pretty good.

Secret of Evermore and all its sequels are good.

Terranigma and all related games are only mediocre.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject to change, games may later be added.

Consider this the RPG Bible.

Tell me of anything I'm forgetting.(There's probobly a lot).