Should We Start A 1Emulation Folding@home Team?

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure the mods and admins saw GryphonKlaw's post in the current affairs forum about starting a 1Emulation Folding@hoe Team.

I propose that we actually do this because it will be helping out researchers develop a cure for dieases that might affect us or someone we love....

Plus with will bring some welcomed recogition for the mods and admins who help run this community..

Well what do you guys think??

PS...It would not affect the 1Emulation server because the Folding@home program will be running on our own computers....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea for a poll. I should have done that in the first place, and in here.

But yes people, this is a good idea. And it won't affect the servers. We will just rally behind the name 1emulation. :lol:

Good idea for a poll. I should have done that in the first place, and in here.

But yes people, this is a good idea. And it won't affect the servers. We will just rally behind the name 1emulation. :lol:

:lol: People this is for a good cause and it might help you or someone you love oneday....Its not like its gonna slow down your computer or cost you any money....

Sure, why not, lets see how it goes, erm... wat does it involve??? :)

Well all you would have to do is download the Folding@home client which is less than 500K and then pick a username and a team (hopefully a 1emulation one). If you are using a proxy or firewall, you might have to set that up in the client and there you have it. The program will fold away using idle cycles of your computer (thats the default setting. you can make it fold full all the time if you want) and it will send the results to Standford. And you get points for all the folding you do.

Ah, I know of this sort of thing, but a different name, yeah, a lot of people would be against it, but I'm a for it  :)

Good good. But I don't why people would be against it. It doesn't take up much processing power. Its safe. Its helpful. Doesn't take up any bandwith.

I guess I'll never understand people.