[3/27/04] River City Ransom

Game: River City Ransom

Platform: NES, Arcade

Genre: Platform Beat Em Up Rpg

---------------------

rvt.gif

Ok! First Review of A long time since no one wants to post reviews :/

I'll start this one with an old classic which I just played some today!

River City Ransom starts out in the city River Ransom. Alex and Ryan are two highschool kids that goof off but are really really strong. Slick, A criminal, takes over the River City High school while Ryan And Alex are doing something else I dunno what. Alex and Ryan's schoolmates and Ryan's girlfriend are now being held captive and its up to them to get it back.

You start off in streets beating up thugs. Slick's henchmen are high school gangsters and bosses, which is really weird in my opinion. At the beginning of each level, it tells you which turf you're in or which mall you're in. You can punch and kick your way through these people. Also, you get weapons like a stick, iron knuckles, and chains just to name a few.

rv.jpg

Probably the most enjoyable part of this game is its interactivity. You can choose which places you want to go and if you want to go back to another area and fight weaker thugs instead of stronger thugs. When you destroy and beat up a thug, they drop a coin. When you collect these coins, you can go to ye olde local mall and trade them in for useful stuff which is the next part of this game.

When you're in the mall, you have a choice to buy clothing and food. You would think that the food would just heal you, but it does much more than that! The food increases your stats as well as the clothing. So thats the RPG element to it making this game very enjoyable :)

Personally, I haven't beaten this game myself because I can't find the time to do so. But I know that many of you probably did so yeah I think I got most of the aspects down for this game :)

Gameplay: 10

Sound: 10 (Its nes, I'm being fair)

Graphics: 10 (Again its nes)

Speed: 10

Overall Grade: A+ (10)

I give this a :)

• 1 month later...

gr8 dude, it is one of the best nes games, there are also games form them for the snes and some other for the nes and a few more platforms including a port of this game to gba, i loved this game that much that i sort of started collecting the wohle of them.

• 1 month later...

If its not too much to ask, maybe you can tell us about the GBA version or do a comparison, they recently released it and have mentioned it is somewhat " enhanced ", but if seems like this is a great game, I consider to buy it and play it anywhere I go outside :)

Game: River City Ransom

Platform: NES, Arcade

Genre: Platform Beat Em Up Rpg

---------------------

rvt.gif

Ok! First Review of A long time since no one wants to post reviews :/

I'll start this one with an old classic which I just played some today!

River City Ransom starts out in the city River Ransom. Alex and Ryan are two highschool kids that goof off but are really really strong. Slick, A criminal, takes over the River City High school while Ryan And Alex are doing something else I dunno what. Alex and Ryan's schoolmates and Ryan's girlfriend are now being held captive and its up to them to get it back.

You start off in streets beating up thugs. Slick's henchmen are high school gangsters and bosses, which is really weird in my opinion. At the beginning of each level, it tells you which turf you're in or which mall you're in. You can punch and kick your way through these people. Also, you get weapons like a stick, iron knuckles, and chains just to name a few.

rv.jpg

Probably the most enjoyable part of this game is its interactivity. You can choose which places you want to go and if you want to go back to another area and fight weaker thugs instead of stronger thugs. When you destroy and beat up a thug, they drop a coin. When you collect these coins, you can go to ye olde local mall and trade them in for useful stuff which is the next part of this game.

When you're in the mall, you have a choice to buy clothing and food. You would think that the food would just heal you, but it does much more than that! The food increases your stats as well as the clothing. So thats the RPG element to it making this game very enjoyable :D

Personally, I haven't beaten this game myself because I can't find the time to do so. But I know that many of you probably did so yeah I think I got most of the aspects down for this game :lol:

Gameplay: 10

Sound: 10 (Its nes, I'm being fair)

Graphics: 10 (Again its nes)

Speed: 10

Overall Grade: A+ (10)

I give this a :rolleyes:

I 100% agree with you. RCR is definitely one of the best games for the nes. Great fun.