Mgs: Twin Snakes

Cominus

Has anybody played it? I bought it this morning and beat it so and chances are that im taking it back tomorow...maybe. For those of you wh are thinking about getting it i recommened you just renting it if you've already beat it once before or if it's your first time playing. It's not all that great, they didnt "some" crappy voice overs(fox, soldiers,raven) and the game slows down sometimes. I dont think it runs off of that MG2 engine, so it's textured good but game play feels a little crappy. It feels like most ps2 games, with the exception of few. Plus blood looks crappy, they did come "bullet time" matrix stunts during the cinemas. A bit of a disapointment.

Edited by Cominus

I definately think its a keeper. The game was simply marveled in 1998, and it still does now. The replay valve is good as well. Getting all the tags, the hidden items and such. Lots of things were added to make things canon with MGS2: SoL. The game is a work of art. The cut-scenes were made by Ryuhei Kitamura, who made "Versus." Plus, I think you beat it on "easy" or "normal," try it on Hard or Extreme, then the game is even funner. Or try doing certain challenges, like beating the game without continuing, saving, killing, in the shortest time possible without using any special items. Its possible without cheats.

With that being said. The replay value and the story is amazing. Going back to play the original once in a while brings back memories, now today's generation will have that chance without having to find a copy of MGS and a PS1.

I agree that the ps1 title is a must but im mean the Exclusive GC version isn't what it's up to be, even the big magazine "gamepro" said it wasnt a great re-Make. Bottom line it's not worth $40, maybe in a few months when it's $20, but not 40, especially for vertrans. I dont like doing dog tags and all that stuff because i already did most of that stuff in part 2(SOL) doing it again would make me hate MGS.

Edited by Cominus

Twin Snakes is an extension of the PS1 MGS.....There are many people on different forums bitching about it.....why can't they get a life?

Twin Snakes will be fun (Its not out here yet...I think) but I'm looking forward to MGS 3: Snake Eater :huh:

Twin Snakes is an extension of the PS1 MGS.....There are many people on different forums bitching about it.....why can't they get a life?

Twin Snakes will be fun (Its not out here yet...I think) but I'm looking forward to MGS 3: Snake Eater  :huh:

Is it really called Snake Eater? That is definitely a very raunchy name... snake eater. :lol: I hope Snake does go all gay on here... :P

Twin Snakes will be fun (Its not out here yet...I think) but I'm looking forward to MGS 3: Snake Eater  :huh:

Is it really called Snake Eater? That is definitely a very raunchy name... snake eater. :lol: I hope Snake does go all gay on here... :P

Actually it's not snake. It's his dad(big boss)...well the DNA provider for his clones (solid snake) and (liquid snake). The game takes place in the 60's but thats all i know about the game.

"Snake Eater" is the nickname for Army Rangers, if I remember right, or one of the other special forces. It is NOT some gay name created exclusively by Hideo for this game.

well from reading a few reviews, its not an extension of the ps1 game but just a remake of the game in just about every way (they mentioned enemies being in the same spots as ps1 and you beat them the same way as ps1's). theres little added features here and there but nothing to make you really wanna play it again.

This game is DEFINITELY GETTING BAUGHTEN!!!

When I first played MGS on PS1 back in 1999, I finally realized what it was like to have a ladies ability to have multiple orgasms :lol:

I LOVED IT!!! Action, Stealth, Story, Graphics (at the time), Control. Basically, it was perfect. Every time I played I truly felt that I WAS Solid Snake. I truly felt that the characters were talking to ME, not Snake. There has been no other game that has done this for me, except Viewtiful Joe (another experience to know a ladies pleasure... B))

Anon.