possibly the dumbest DC ?

Turns out it wasnt the beta of Icarus, however Icarus has a new member to the development team, the guy who made the 3DO emulator 'FreeDO' so progress should be announced soon! hopefully, at least now we know its still being worked on!

yep, and even if a DC emulator existed you wouldnt be able to use GDROMs unless you used a coders cable from your PC to DC (which would be WAY too slow) Regular drives cant read it

and what do you mean your DC isnt what it used to be? Tell me whats going on and ill try to help you fix it

Well, you could always buy a DC development system with a GD-R burner, or possibly use the BBA. I doubt you'd want to use the later as it be slower than a real DC and the former probably isn't feasible. Of course, you could use the BBA to backup your games first, but that's a whole other topic.

It should also offer reading games from CD, though. After all, many games, like Skies of Arcadia, are about a gigabyte or so per disc. I wonder if it could read the CDs even if they weren't in a proper DC format. Anyways, that's just speculation and my personal opinion.