possibly the dumbest DC ?

What I meant was ripped games, not GD-ROMs. I own a DC, so I do know better and I did post the message that you could try the BBA (as opposed to the coder's cable). And by "proper format," I meant whether or not they were in autoboot format or not. I was just wondering if they'd support the original ripped games or games that weren't cracked for autoboot.

You'd have to hack the firmware or somehow bypass it so the laser could be focused properly. The last part of a GD-ROM is high density, so it's not like a DVD (I don't think, at least). Supposedly there is a firmware hack for Samsung (not sure if it was that brand or not) CD drives, but AFAIK, it could just as likely have been a hoax.

yeah, and GDROM is more complex, but not as complex as a DVD, which is why DVD drives SHOULD be able to read GDROMS, You COULD probably do it with software/special drivers, but your probably right, a firmware hack would be the most effecient

I have no idea about the samsung thing, people pull off some pretty weird crap with samsung products though...