Metal Slug 5 on Kawa-X

ciccior

no, the burner's fine. 200 good, 1 bad. and all of the roms worked on dvd with the SE that ran samurai showdown 5. i renamed them properly to work on these two xbe's (they worked on my HDD), but once i tried to load them from my dvd-r, they freeze where the neogeo bios files are supposed to come in. i'm gonna try my solution one day, but like i said, it still won't fix the kof 2002 problem, and i'm low on disks. maybe once i get some dvd-rw's.

and as for the xbe that now needs a patch to run metal slug x, i might try that one again, but if it couldn't run msx without a patch, i'm really reluctant to use a dvd-r hoping it'll play everything else.

Really curious, coz I've put them on a DVDRW & they work fine !

Check you've renamed all the roms correctly & you don't use encrypted roms.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, like i said, everything's named correctly: i had already gotten them all to work on my HDD. i can copy the files from my disc to the HDD, and they'll play from there. i'll remake my disc, but the fact that the roms freeze right before they're about to use the neogeo bios leads me to think that the same thing will happen.

no, like i said, everything's named correctly: i had already gotten them all to work on my HDD. i can copy the files from my disc to the HDD, and they'll play from there. i'll remake my disc, but the fact that the roms freeze right before they're about to use the neogeo bios leads me to think that the same thing will happen.

Check you've deleted.CFG files in E/TDATA/FA7E before using it.

hello

I´ve used the ciccior patch... seems to be awesome great really!!!

Anyway I had burned a DVD-R but some roms has not worked... Maybe some are bad roms, but others such the banned ones are not working even fixing the names.

So could someone please, post the full kawa-x ciccior patched iso in the newsgroup?

Or so the complete set of roms! THANX!!!

keep doing good job guys!

Havoc Impaler

not to diss ciccior on his work but you're better off getting Mr. X's xbes since all the games play perfect with his.

i'm glad that ciccior made his own but find Mr. X's Best ;)

if any wants Mr.X's Kawa-X xbes, feel free to pm me your email or msg me with aim PRican2510 (and use aim, not trillian) or msn

Edited by Prican25

thanx prican...

anyway I prefer to grab an iso with all stuff working, once I not know well about that...

I have the Mr.X xbe´s sure it may work fine, but would be nice have all these roms working together in a dvd-r.

So if someone can help me, please post it please.

you guys rule!!! thanx

i don't why you can't use Mr. X's xbes on on a dvdr cuz its as simple as making a multi-game disc and it should work no prob as Mr. x already said he tried it and it worked.

also i would recomend changing the tdata locataion for one of them.

for thoses of you that don't know how to do this: open the default.xbe and any hex app and then search for 7EFA0000 (its damn near next to the name title) and change the 7 to an 8 save and for now on it will save to E:\TDATA\0000FA8E

big thx to faceless for finding that out :)

hey that sounds pretty good. i really wish that i could get my disc back from my friend. it's taking way longer than i thought. i'll try deleting the CFG files first in the TDATA folder, then i'll try hexing one of the xbe's to save in another folder......then i'll make another disc if necessary. for mr. x it works on a dvd/rw, but most of my friends can't play those, and they're known for running better than dvdr's.

i'd like it if someone could try replicating what i've done with using both xbe's in a CDX menu. just put them both in the same kawa folder so the specialized roms for each xbe can all go in the same ROMS folder. if anyone can get them all working on a dvd-r, i'd love to hear about it.