Raine 0.91.7

Tux

As the version number implies, it's all bug fixes inside :

- -rcf didn't work with romsets using LOAD_CONTINUE (like sonicwi3), it's fixed
 - sf2m8 used a dummy rom load instead of a FILL which created a romcheck error.
 - don't consider neogeo games as clones of the neogeo bios in the games display
 - fix broken iso.gz support for neocd (usually compressing an iso to iso.gz without touching the cue file at all used to work, it was broken in 0.91.6 because of the changes there).
 - and neocd again : when trying to guess an audio track name and there is no cue file, check the extension to avoid to select a picture as an audio track !

There is also a big shared libraries mess with this version because of some updates. The 32 bit windows binaries require the new dlls32-0.91.7 package. I have also updated the dlls64-0.90.7z but this one remains compatible with the old versions.
For the arch binaries, the guy who is supposed to update libmuparser on aur is missing and unreachable, which means that you won't be able to build a 32 bits raine with the current muparser installed (incompatible with the old lib32-muparser from aur). Updating the muparser file is not too hard, but I can't do it officially for now, have to wait 2 weeks for that. So I don't know if I'll release the 0.91.7 linux binaries now, maybe only the 64 bits version then ?
edit : finally I released both, but I don't guarantee the result if you use the 32 bits version with the old muparser, last time I tried that it crashed when opening the console ! (the console also handles cheats).

Oh yeah I need to remind the link to the download area, it would be nice to have it inserted in the forum somewhere : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

There's a big bug in 91.7,al least in the x64 version. Whenever you're playing a game in full screen mode, pressing escape doesn't make the menu appear, so you're stuck there, there's no way to exit or go back to windowed mode, etc. When you press ESC, instead of the menu, all you get is a black screen with the mouse pointer in the center (pressign ESC again takes you back to the game). Needless to say, it works just fine in windowed mode.

The only way is pressing alt-tab and then close Raine from the taskbar.

please fix it!

Oh, I forgot to mention: Running on Win7 x64, AMD FX-8320E @3,5Ghz, 16GB RAM, nvidia Geforce 1030 2GB.

Edited by jvidal

5 hours ago, jvidal said:

Hi!

There's a big bug in 91.7,al least in the x64 version. Whenever you're playing a game in full screen mode, pressing escape doesn't make the menu appear, so you're stuck there, there's no way to exit or go back to windowed mode, etc. When you press ESC, instead of the menu, all you get is a black screen with the mouse pointer in the center (pressign ESC again takes you back to the game). Needless to say, it works just fine in windowed mode.

The only way is pressing alt-tab and then close Raine from the taskbar.

please fix it!

Oh, I forgot to mention: Running on Win7 x64, AMD FX-8320E @3,5Ghz, 16GB RAM, nvidia Geforce 1030 2GB.

It's a long standing bug between double buffer fullscreen and sdl-1.2 in windows, it's been here for years !

Workaround : use a maximized windowed mode.

The bug doesn't happen all the time, but it's very frustrating. Could also use a borderless maximized window for that, but they are so hard to use in windows (what a bad name for an os which is so bad at handling its windows !), that the setting isn't even saved in the config file.

It's not fixable in raine, it's an sdl-1.2 bug.
and actually raine is not frozen when it happens, it's just a display bug, the gui is invisible, so you can still control it with keyboard shortcuts, like :
esc or return : return to game
q : quit

There are actually 2 ways to fix this, switching to sdl2, but it's extremely long and tedious to do, sdl2 is not a plug and play replacement for sdl1.2, or change the gui so that it can be displayed on an opengl screen, this way might be more interesting actually.
But since it happens only in windows and I almost never use windows (or for some very specific things), I am not motivated, and it would require quite a lot of motivation, the 2 possible fixes are not easy at all !

Edited by Tux

thanks for replying! I'll try using a maximized window.

The reason this concerns me is that when using a mouse to control a game (like arkanoid, for example), Raine doesn't capture the mouse, so moving the mouse and pressing the mouse buttons can create several disasters with your files. this doesn't happen in full screen mode.

This behavior can also be seen in MAME, while playing, for example, operation thunderbolt in a window.

Edited by jvidal

The mouse is captured for games needing it, you shouldn't have any problem in a window (at least tested for arkanoid, so it's good for games using relative moves).

weird, for me it's not captured. tried playing arkanoid the other day, ended up moving thousands of files around, because the mouse keeps moving outside the raine window...

Edited by jvidal

I confirm on my side, just tested natively with windows 10, with a window which is not fullscreen, the mouse is captured by raine only when playing arknoid2u (or any other game with the same mouse requirement). I was afraid for a second that I had yet another incompatibility between windows & sdl-1.2, not this time !

Standard windows 10, nothing particular about it.

1 hour ago, jvidal said:

I'm on win7...

windows7 is usually the best windows, right ? I would have kept it myself, except that updating the machine doesn't leave any choice with some low level drivers impossible to find for new hardware on win7.

No idea why your mouse is not captured, never heard or seen that before... !

Notice that in this extreme situation you can use fullscreen, just don't call the gui or if you do and it's not visible, then you can either return to the game with esc or quit with q or alt-f4 (alt-f4 quits without saving the settings). It's not super convenient, but it's very do-able !

I am not sure I'll be able to fix this, but I might try again later, but don't hold your breath, it will take time... !