Time to upgrade to 64bit!

Just got a copy of wolfenstein the new order and the fucker is 64 bit only!

I cant upgrade my OS till next week, man this is annoying.

Call of duty ghosts was also 64bit only but wasn't bothered about that to be honest, be worth it I guess but still! what!!!!

Talk about way behind...I don't even understand why they made 32 bit versions of Windows 7 and 8 in the first place, there are no 32bit hardware setups that are even capable of running either one efficiently.

The last pure 32bit processor was a 3.6Ghz D0 stepping Prescott...being stuck with under 3.5GB of RAM and that, on 7/8 would not be quick.

Was put off 64 bit for a few reasons over the past few years.

One of them was that a lot of the games had issues running in 64bit, then when I used to try my old mans rig out it always ran like shit.

Always formatting the fucker every 6 months. So Its done what I have needed it do do, but am I really gonna see any improvements over than the games running that currently wont? I browse, and game thats it really.

I don't even understand why they made 32 bit versions of Windows 7 and 8 in the first place, there are no 32bit hardware setups that are even capable of running either one efficiently.

The last pure 32bit processor was a 3.6Ghz D0 stepping Prescott...being stuck with under 3.5GB of RAM and that, on 7/8 would not be quick.

Cheap cr@ptops with little RAM work more smoothly on a 32bit OS than 64. It's also a way to price-discriminate and keep upselling opportunities available for Starter and Home Basic editions.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

One of them was that a lot of the games had issues running in 64bit, then when I used to try my old mans rig out it always ran like shit.

Always formatting the fucker every 6 months. So Its done what I have needed it do do, but am I really gonna see any improvements over than the games running that currently wont? I browse, and game thats it really.

I doubt you will see any improvements. How much ram do you currently have in the system?

I doubt you will see any improvements. How much ram do you currently have in the system?

4GIG lol

Been told it will run slightly slower but will be tougher against viruses and stuff like that.

4GIG lol

Been told it will run slightly slower but will be tougher against viruses and stuff like that.

Not sure about the viruses and stuff, but you should upgrade your ram. 4GB is the bare minimum for a 64bit system AFAIK.

• 1 month later...

4GB is the maximum for a 32bit system (you can put more in, but the OS won't see it).

I would regard 4GB is the minimum usable for a 64bit system.

Actually its 3GB, ask me how i know. :(

Upgraded yesterday..

Wolfenstien was the first to get to go ahead, have watchdogs (i think it will suck) and call of duty ghosts to try as well.

Will buy one more stick of ram, i still think 4gig of ram is a shit load :lol:

4GB is the maximum for a 32bit system (you can put more in, but the OS won't see it).

I would regard 4GB is the minimum usable for a 64bit system.

Actually its 3GB, ask me how i know. :sad:

No it's 4GB, minus address space for hardware. Could be ~3.6GB, could be below 3GB.

Any hardware sitting on the system bus uses up address space in the 4GB range, from sound to video(Onboard or off) or anything else for that matter. The more expansion hardware you have installed, the more address space is reserved.

4GB is shit these days, I regard 8GB as minimum and I run 16GB in my main desktop. DDR3 is so cheap compared to everything before it, 8GB doesn't set you back much.

I was running 32GB in it, until I upgraded my server and opted to steal 16GB out of it for the server rather than buy more. 32GB WAS overkill...