How many hours of sleep do you need to feel fully awake during the day?

Alpha

Sleeping Hours  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

See topic title. Vote in poll.... :D

As for me, sometimes I need at least 10 hours to not feel groggy. That and I drink a lot of coffee which doesn't help. Normally I maybe average around 7 hours. It fluctuates a lot with my wacky schedule. You?

You don't drink alot of coffee...I do, I can't SLEEP without having a coffee. I drink around a gallon a day on average(6-8 large 20-22oz coffees), for serious. I don't think I really drink anything but coffee

4-6 hours and I'm fine, but I need 7 or 8 to feel "good". If I sleep like 10+ hours I feel like shit when I wake up.

• Like 1

About 8 is great for me. Any more and I feel like shit. Have went on as little as 4 for a few days straight. Coffee for me just 1 or 2 cups is all but I drink a lot of Dew so that gets me the caffeine.

You don't drink alot of coffee...I do, I can't SLEEP without having a coffee. I drink around a gallon a day on average(6-8 large 20-22oz coffees), for serious. I don't think I really drink anything but coffee

4-6 hours and I'm fine, but I need 7 or 8 to feel "good". If I sleep like 10+ hours I feel like shit when I wake up.

Don't you have a lot of heart burn after all that coffee? If I have more than two cups, I get the insta-acidic-shits lol. It's got to at least make you super thirsty, as coffee is a diuretic?

If not, your body must be quite strong.

No I don't, but sadly for most of you Americans, your coffee is fucking ASS. When I was in Vegas in December, I had coffee from like 10 different places, including Dunkin Donuts...all of them rank at the top of the list for "Worst coffee" I've ever drank.

Asking some American friends of mine, they concur that coffee in the US really fucking sucks...why, I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I need 7 through a working week on an evening, but do need 8 a couple of times a week. or I look wired. I'm not very good at getting to sleep and can take 45 to an hour to doze off. so if I want my sleep I have to be in bed an hoir before...

sometimes have a few beers and I'm out like a light. in fact been a bit naughty this week just gone and been tipping a few every evening. drunk sleep is not very good sleep I can tell the difference when I sleep witout it, after three nights I start to get better energy.