Some PS3 Hacking News.

fumanchu

PSFreedom for Dingoo Released - Hack the PS3 With a Dingoo A320September 6th, 2010, 21:08 Posted By: wraggster

The PS3 Homebrew/Hacking Scene just gets more interesting and Waninkoko of Wii Custom Firmware Fame has released PSFreedom for Dingoo, so whilst many others pay over the odds for the PSjailbreak you can just use one Homebrew Handheld to hack into your PS3 and turn your PS3 into a Homebrew Machine

info.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/psfreedom-for-dingo...320-324400.html

also there could possibly a dreamcast emu on the way for ps3 and 360.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/nulldc-news-dreamca...ews-324418.html

PS3 has 256mb for graphics and 256 mb for system.

Sony released a mandatory firmware update to mitigate this hack.

Yeah. 3.42 released a few hours ago. I wish Sony would gives us useful features that people have been begging for months if not years instead of "security updates" every three months or so. Well, on the plus side, Sony has hinted at a very comprehensive update by the end of the years that should offer lots of true fixes, including lots of fixes for that trash called the PS3 Browser. Hell, we might even get a completely new browser and not shit based on something as worthless as NetFront.

PS3 has 256mb for graphics and 256 mb for system.

Sony released a mandatory firmware update to mitigate this hack.

Yeah. 3.42 released a few hours ago. I wish Sony would gives us useful features that people have been begging for months if not years instead of "security updates" every three months or so. Well, on the plus side, Sony has hinted at a very comprehensive update by the end of the years that should offer lots of true fixes, including lots of fixes for that trash called the PS3 Browser. Hell, we might even get a completely new browser and not shit based on something as worthless as NetFront.

I give a big "Whatever" to Sony initiating the first series of blocks to the exploit. Can anybody already smell a Custom Firmware in the near future? I think the PS3 will be following the PSP's footsteps... just don't freakin' upgrade!

just don't freakin' upgrade!

a big deal for people who like the PSN Store and like to see their friends' trophy lists, view leaderboards in games, etc. Many of these people don't know how/don't bother with using alternate proxies or bypassing Sony's DNS servers, either.

Got my Atmel AVR XPLAIN board last Monday (the 6th) and it works great. Easy to setup drivers and flash (whole process taking about 2 minutes total). There's something nice about having dev mode available. :)

img0259tj.th.jpg img0257vk.th.jpg img0266kk.th.jpg img0267cx.th.jpg

Awesome! Where did you purchase yours from?