The China Opportunity

I have no ties as in rent/bills. I am actually between jobs waiting on Gamestop. Here you have to go through much school for any career. I actually got a GED and what I know of our society... is that is often frowned upon. It has nothing to do with my ability actually, i am quite capible of teaching anything I know well, even art.

I am creative and I believe this will be a tremendous advantage in teaching. No one person learns the same way, between visual & audio Id find a way to get to the students. I have communications skills... and I would be teaching english... communication. Its somewhat ironic to me.

I have no priorities holding me here and this is a great opportunity. I spoke with some friends and one says the disadvantages cannot possibly outweigh the advantages. He went on a business trip to England a few years back... worked ALL the damn time and still managed to have a great experience. The more I look at this the more I want to go.

Of course Id try to hunt down some Rosetta Stone for Mandarin... that would help. I wonder how long it'll take till I begin to comprehend.

I digress. Does anyone have any other disadvantages to this? Homesick is one thing but can someone come up with anything else?

EDIT: No Skype right now. Gotta watch some STTNG. Bought the box set of that and voyager and my sister wants to watch somemore.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no ties as in rent/bills. I am actually between jobs waiting on Gamestop. Here you have to go through much school for any career. I actually got a GED and what I know of our society... is that is often frowned upon. It has nothing to do with my ability actually, i am quite capible of teaching anything I know well, even art.

I am creative and I believe this will be a tremendous advantage in teaching. No one person learns the same way, between visual & audio Id find a way to get to the students. I have communications skills... and I would be teaching english... communication. Its somewhat ironic to me.

I have no priorities holding me here and this is a great opportunity. I spoke with some friends and one says the disadvantages cannot possibly outweigh the advantages. He went on a business trip to England a few years back... worked ALL the damn time and still managed to have a great experience. The more I look at this the more I want to go.

Of course Id try to hunt down some Rosetta Stone for Mandarin... that would help. I wonder how long it'll take till I begin to comprehend.

I digress. Does anyone have any other disadvantages to this? Homesick is one thing but can someone come up with anything else?

EDIT: No Skype right now. Gotta watch some STTNG. Bought the box set of that and voyager and my sister wants to watch somemore.

Will, trust me, you will really enjoy your time here is you do come. You don't ave commitment to tie you down, you are single. This is a great opportunity for you to:

1. earn more money and have a little saving of your own.

2. see the world. Learn other culture instead of confining yourself in the US only.

3. Career advancement in a sense that people will be more inclined to hire you in future due to your experience working overseas. This is a huge advantage especially when you try to join a multinational company in future.

Will, trust me, you will really enjoy your time here is you do come. You don't ave commitment to tie you down, you are single. This is a great opportunity for you to:

1. earn more money and have a little saving of your own.

2. see the world. Learn other culture instead of confining yourself in the US only.

3. Career advancement in a sense that people will be more inclined to hire you in future due to your experience working overseas. This is a huge advantage especially when you try to join a multinational company in future.

Oh I believe it. But I just want to be objective about this. I dont want to feel that I just jumped into this. I appreciate the input of course, thanks

I dont want to feel that I just jumped into this. I appreciate the input of course, thanks

sometimes just jumping in is the correct thing to do. Over thinking is not always a good thing.

I dont want to feel that I just jumped into this. I appreciate the input of course, thanks

sometimes just jumping in is the correct thing to do. Over thinking is not always a good thing.

Life is about risk taking, you win some, you lose some. But when you can see the pros and cons clearly, and the pros is more than the cons, it is only logical to go for it :)

Ryan has take the risk, and he is reaping the benefit of it now. I have listen to some of his plans and i think it will be workable, very workable in present China. Ryan, I am interested too if you want to expand to Beijing ;-)

Overanalyzing is a factor I must admit. But I still want to see this as fully as possible. Time is of the essence. I have affairs I must attend to.

what do you have to attend to that can possibly stop you from going to China two months from now?