3D TV

My friend was ranting about the 3D tv's, so I went to Best Buy today to check it out. I am not impressed. First off it was a shitty demo. Second the glasses used suck ass. Their big and bulky, they just suck.

To hell with glasses... they are annoying at best. What if you have alot of people over? What if you loose a pair? The ones I had on were missing the nose guard so I had to hold them up... and the shit was heavy for glasses. It had some polarized lens or something and required a power source. They do have 3D tv's that do not use glasses but they are in the 20,000 dollar range. No joke.

But what of 3D programming or media. I heard RE5 is in 3D but what of other games? I know Microsoft and Sony are looking onto it... and Nintendo has the 3DS or whatever its called. But when would getting a 3D TV actually be viable? I saw Avatar in 3D and it was AMAZING! But I read that 3D Avatar isnt gonna be released until next year. Another strike for anyone wanting a 3D tv, or even those who already have one. I know Sports for instance will broadcast in 3D but that'll still be years away.

But again, I hate the glasses. The technology for 3D w/out glasses is still weak though... It isnt perfected yet and there are various techniques among the different companies that are giving it a try. But the common price was around $20,000 for a good sized unit. Fuck that!

Plain and simple, 3D would be great but what use is having a set when the media is so slim. And with such a small selection comes an equally small user base. Which in turn scares the investors and makes them take their sweet ass time to feel out this new market.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony says that a number of PS3 games will get the 3D treatment along the new 3D Bravias they're putting onto the market. Killzone 2, Wipeout Fury HD and MotorStorm seem to be few of the titles getting the treatment. Personally, I've never seen even any 3D movies, and "3D" gaming seems just weird, I guess.

Sony says that a number of PS3 games will get the 3D treatment along the new 3D Bravias they're putting onto the market. Killzone 2, Wipeout Fury HD and MotorStorm seem to be few of the titles getting the treatment. Personally, I've never seen even any 3D movies, but I plan to go see one eventually.

I have mixed feelings about this whole advent of "3D" gaming. I don't see myself desperately buying a new TV and a few games again just to get into this 3D bandwagon all the big industry players are pushing.

I still can't see 3D. I'm really hoping it's a fad that goes away soon. I already wear glasses to watch TV anyway, there's no way I'm wearing two pairs at once all the time I wanna watch TV.

im so sick of the whole 3d thing, it was a passing fad in the 50's and i hope it will fade just as fast here in the present. i saw avatar and it was just meh to me. on a side rant that avatar movie date cost me almost 60 bux if you are going to see 3d movies or imax they should throw in popcorn and drink for free, its bullshit to pay the price of a good game to see a average movie.

just the thought of 3DTV with glasses is stupid, IMO.

I have 6 people in my house. so all 6 of us gotta wear stupid ass glasses to watch mythbusters? and what happens when a bunch of people come over to watch UFC?

I have a hard enough time keeping track of the remote. forget $200 glasses.

Well glasses suck but I dont think this is a fad. Sure 3D has been around for a time but Avitars 3D was ridiculous! Instead of pop up cells the entire movie had total depth. Solidius, you say meh but I was floored.

If I can have depth in a game as rich as in Avitar, I want it... just not with shit ass glasses. The tech is out there and getting better, but that is still far off till its affordable. Too bad. But I do not think this is a fad, this shit is pretty badass. RE5 in 3D would make my day right about now.

Glasses required = UTTER FAILURE!

This is 2010...not 1970. If I wanted glasses, I'd put those stupid ass red/blue ones on and be done with it.

The hell with your $10k TV, and your $200-$300 a PAIR glasses.