MvC3

Inky

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it so, L M H attk buttons, no real punch or kick button?

Are combos cookie cutter, or are they unique

Is it set like MvC2 where if you dont combo like hell youll run out of time? As in, is the only way to play right is practical infinite combo like a bitch?

ETC. Whatever else you can say about it.

It is a 3 button attack pattern light, medium, hard, which sucks balls a lil to me cuz if you are used to tradition 6 button layouts for fighters the moves are kinda wonky sometimes until you practice. its a marvel vs capcom game of course combos are king and the computer will block your shit like crazy as far as infinites go I think they got most of them out of there but I'm sure someone will figure something out.playing this game with a pad sucks balls, while i like the game i just feel something is missing or incomplete about the whole thing as much as I thought the final product was gonna stray away from TvC it didnt get that far from it. and I got tired of TvC really quick and this is going towards that same road. My mains for the moment are Dante,Deadpool,and Trish. unless you are leet do not pick phoenix I tried playing with her and she litterally died in like 20 secs on a few occasions she gets raped unless you are at level 5 when you are playing as her. She hulk is almost totally useless to me the only reason I pick her now is cuz I like her level 3 hyper combo.Dante is just a beast he can save your ass in a pinch. Sentinel is a cheap bastard and is gonna be a bitch in tourneys he is way overpowered.As useless as I thought Ryu would be he isnt that bad.Taskmaster also surprised me he has good mix ups and his supers work from a lot of combo setups and if u can catch someone in his level 3 it does some real decent damage.Athur and V joe are useless to me as well, that's prolly one of the biggest things against this game is that some of the rosters choices are like what the fuck. but the graphics are great and it keeps a constant frame rate. I havent had a chance to take it online yet so I cant judge the lag. Anything else ya wanna know??/

Thank you and yes...

Combo moves from MvC2, like Spider Mans jumping in Lp, Lk, Lp, Lk would be L,L,L,L in MvC3... which I doubt. Im trying to imagine combo strains go in this game.

When you hit the pop up button, I hear something like you can hit a direction and the button, and the only way to counter is hitting the same direction and the pop up button. Can I hit down and the pop up the first time? Then what, a quick down up to pursue? Can you pursue then have a tag hit, or do you have to choose one or the other?

These other characters you dont like... have you tried playing them differently than how you normally play? I remember A friend using Link in a Soul Calibur and he said in order for him to play well, he cannot act like normal characters...

Thank you and yes...

Combo moves from MvC2, like Spider Mans jumping in Lp, Lk, Lp, Lk would be L,L,L,L in MvC3... which I doubt. Im trying to imagine combo strains go in this game.

When you hit the pop up button, I hear something like you can hit a direction and the button, and the only way to counter is hitting the same direction and the pop up button. Can I hit down and the pop up the first time? Then what, a quick down up to pursue? Can you pursue then have a tag hit, or do you have to choose one or the other?

These other characters you dont like... have you tried playing them differently than how you normally play? I remember A friend using Link in a Soul Calibur and he said in order for him to play well, he cannot act like normal characters...

pretty much all combos will have to be relearned, its a entirely diff button setup from 2,the pop up button to be honest dude I have only used it to setup an air combo then sometimes link it to a tag air combo and I use it to knock an opponent out of the air, I havent really practiced that much when u got 2 kids they want juice and shit a lot so they are distracting lol.

anything else oh yeah and i have tried playing the useless characters many ways and they still suck. I mean Arthur has a wide range of keep away attacks and he has speed but if you lose armor which u will do after a few hits he is a damage spongeand he has that akward jump pattern.

it does feel very "TvC" I still prefer the TvC art style over this and SFIV. alot of the character choices seem very WTF to me. I haven't even played with most of the newbies.