CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

This is probably too late, but a suggestion for future releases...

Since gb and gbc games use a screen sice which is very different from gba, the user is forced to correct this every time changing between those formats. I think it would be great if you had one screen setting for gb and gbc, and one for gba. Also, if possible, it would be cool if super gameboy colors could be switched on and off for those old gb games.

Wouldn't a reset feature in the mame ingame menu be useful? You start a game, get killed instantly, and want to start over. Sometimes killing your remaining lives to get back to the start screen feels like forever.

Some original titles with secuels in CoinOPS are named "I". Personally I think that looks strange. Maybe an option to rename the titles in the menu would be useful?

Anyway, keep up the great work! Thank you!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added option to

Add to the end of home games (previous option of * only)

Galaxian

Sonic the Hedgehog *

Uridium *

or console name

Galaxian

Sonic the Hedgehog (Megadrive)

Uridium (Commodore 64)

Cheers!

I'm actually biddig on a second xbox with much bigger hd just for this build.

I've shown CoinOPS Showroom for a few friends, and they all seem pretty convinced that they need to get an Xbox 1 right away! :)

any other sorting options or naming tags you want?? or can think of

I think The Legend of Zelda (SNES= should have it's full proper name with the added - A Link To The Past. Actually, IMO all games which have a subtitle would look better in the menu with the added "-". Like:

Castlevania - Bloodlines

Castlevania - Dracula X

Casltevania - Circle Of The Moon

Castlevania III - Draculas Curse

etc.

Ofcourse, these things are not really important and might be a matter of taste. That's why I thought maybe adding an option to rename stuff on your own would be a good idea.

Another thing I came to think about is an option to reduce the video screen size in the menu. I played around with the options and thought I found it, but there's no difference from what I could tell. I really love some of the old Game Boy games, but they look terrible on a full 40" widescreen. Just as I prefer to reduce the screen sice when playing them, it would be nice to able to do the same with the videos in the menu.

Some original titles with secuels in CoinOPS are named "I". Personally I think that looks strange. Maybe an option to rename the titles in the menu would be useful?

Thats what i thought, some games show as -

Earthworm Jim I

Earthworm Jim II

and others -

Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage II

Its no biggie but would just look better if sorted.

please read readme all screensizes can be setup...im getting tided of using the cut and paste from the readme :)

legend of zelda was changed back a while ago and also naming convention is as it was from xtras list...I wish I never used that as it is not good I agree also it missed 100s of games, this build has 100s of games added that wherent in xtras...I should have used a full dats for name as I know the xtras names was a silly idea but rx wanted it matched sorry about that.....its still a good list just wierd names and missing some great games

OK a few people have mentioned naming of games grrrr was first....I can change it easy enough id guess....in highinsight I was talked into using xtras stuff and it wasnt really the right choice I knew that then really but a few people wanted this so...a bad idea as this has caused me alot of work as many games where missing....do you guys want me to fix the naming conventions etc it will mean old roms probably wont ???

also adding a few new features :)