New Xbox Mame

cba.gy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've kind of answered yourself there.

As without the proper protocol there wouldn't have been any Mame on Xbox therefore

no-one would have been having fun and playing games. That includes you and i.

So we must be thankfull that protocol was followed and hope that it continues in that vein.

By your own admission you don't care who does what as long as you get the end product right ?

So in retrospect your statements weren't what other developers were wishing to hear really.

By the way, we are debating here and not starting a flaming war. lol.

answered myself? - what was my question?

By my own admission I am just a lowly end user of other peoples fine work, I profit from it and I am thankful for whatever it is that gets their work into my hands I don't care much for protocol - I care about this end result. I don't know what other developers want to hear and I'm sorry if I've hurt (their) feelings, it was not my intention, I just wanted to put a voice to what I believe is probably a silent majority of end users enjoying a product that many have contributed to. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything - as to this outside reader/observer there are clearly greater ego's than mine at stake here : )

Anyway I wholeheartedly would like to see more mame stuff being done, on xbox, pc, maybe 360 one day and I'll get one of those so to this end I commend the intention of this post.

tl;dr

The response was to CBagy's post. But the CliffNotes version for you is "Talented developers will never choose to work on cool projects for the Xbox, only to have someone else come along and take it, then release it underhandedly."

Therefore, you = stuck with BP's incremental "updates" from here until death does you part. Same goes for the rest of the Xbox scene. Worship and praise BP. He cares. I don't.

Edited by deadcalm1

answered myself? - what was my question?

By my own admission I am just a lowly end user of other peoples fine work, I profit from it and I am thankful for whatever it is that gets their work into my hands I don't care much for protocol - I care about this end result. I don't know what other developers want to hear and I'm sorry if I've hurt (their) feelings, it was not my intention, I just wanted to put a voice to what I believe is probably a silent majority of end users enjoying a product that many have contributed to. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything - as to this outside reader/observer there are clearly greater ego's than mine at stake here : )

Anyway I wholeheartedly would like to see more mame stuff being done, on xbox, pc, maybe 360 one day and I'll get one of those so to this end I commend the intention of this post.

You don't seem to understand. There is a very real likelihood that you will not be getting any further Xbox support form the people who actually lended it their talent due to this latest action taken (again) by BP. I know you like his stuff and you're a casual fan of his, but the Xbox Scene has always been about more than just his app.

Put bluntly, if no developer besides him had ever worked on any XBox apps, then you would not have any XBox emulators. That is the reality of the situation. You love the games. Without the developers who brought MAME, SNES, Genesis, KI, FBA, N64, etc there would be no games for you, no MAME on your Xbox, no nothing. That's all there is to it.

Edited by deadcalm1

Now i know we have "ConOps" which is in fact MameoX/MamedoX re-named.

But it's old and badly assembled and has more patches than a MicroSoft OS.

I don't hate CoinOps and have no i'll feeling toward you BP, never have.

The emulator is good, you are a good coder.

is it me or is this flip flop talk thats just trying to confuse me....cause I have no idea where you are coming fromyour statements are inconsisant

anyway you will soon be able to prove how good you are and how little I did (I see neosource has code for final fight hack its a 10sec job to add that should be your first patch many would like it...ill hope to add it to Showcase for everyone)

@searius

You can say anything you like matey, it's up to you.

Im certainly not frowning on your opinions and i see your point and its a valid one.

When i said youve answered yourself what i meant was your statement was more of an oxymoron.

However, not to worry.

And for the record i too use CoinOps for my old school games that FBL doesn't "yet" support.

I will continue to do so until such time they are added to FBL.

I prefere the FBL route as it is built on a newer core and seems more future proof.

0.135+ roms will always be available but the same can't be said for 0.84 roms !

Plus the Dynamic skin engine rocks. Its the way forward.

On a side note, i don't believe we've seen the last version of FBL !

Now this is just my opinion, and not based on any conversations with anyone.

@BP lol. I'd rather chew off my own testicles. And no im not trying to confuse you, you do that enough for everybody. lol.

I dont hate you, never have. I love the emulator, always have.

Edited by cba.gy

You don't seem to understand. There is a very real likelihood that you will not be getting any further Xbox support form the people who actually lended it their talent due to this latest action taken (again) by BP. I know you like his stuff and you're a casual fan of his, but the Xbox Scene has always been about more than just his app.

Put bluntly, if no developer besides him had ever worked on any XBox apps, then you would not have any XBox emulators. That is the reality of the situation. You love the games. Without the developers who brought MAME, SNES, Genesis, KI, FBA, N64, etc there would be no games for you, no MAME on your Xbox, no nothing. That's all there is to it.

What do I care who works on the stuff so long as someone does? You seem to be taking the position that these devs are irreplaceable? I believe there'll always be people prepared to code stuff for the greater good, ie plebs like me and isn't this what this thread is purporting to be about? So yeah I don't understand the hostility/fear surrounding BP and CoinOps. I am well aware of the earlier mame for xbox ports I used them for years.

<_< he believes it as well

added in this it will get into showcase cheers anyone who built it

http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php?topic=1267.0

YouTube Video

nice easy patch thanks Ashura-X and JacKc and anyone else involved

anyway the above patch makes sense to me this makes no sense and goes in circles I know you guys understand what your talking about but I dont have a clue really...searius I agree with what you say even though its not 100percent support its all good :lol:

What do I care who works on the stuff so long as someone does? You seem to be taking the position that these devs are irreplaceable? I believe there'll always be people prepared to code stuff for the greater good, ie plebs like me and isn't this what this thread is purporting to be about? So yeah I don't understand the hostility/fear surrounding BP and CoinOps. I am well aware of the earlier mame for xbox ports I used them for years.

You seem to be choosing to miss the point intentionally. That is quite fine. Time will tell how many devs are interested in working for BP. If you don't help him, he literally "takes" your contributions as his own anyway. <_<

I also used the earlier MAME ports for years, but as I said the Xbox Scene is not just about MAME. If it was, then BP would not be adding code from other apps that are dedicated to the hardware I named. You can condone BP and his antics however much you like. But coding for the greater good is not the same as coding for BP's good. Users like you are more than likely the majority. But you all need to try to take off the blinders of selfishness that are making you shortsighted for a moment.

Well, maybe not. Think how you want to. The developers understand the point I'm trying to make. Nes6502 especially. Let's see if BP can keep your scene alive Searius. Give him all the validation he needs. There are many more people out there like you. Your input is welcome.

Edited by deadcalm1