New Xbox Mame

cba.gy

Got Ya !

Now this is really the start of a petition to NES6502 and those others Dev's,

that prefere to remain in the shadows,

to at least give the xbox community a chance to "Ask" you for a proper version of "Mame" for the "Xbox"

before you move on to other projects.

Now i know we have "ConOps" which is in fact MameoX/MamedoX re-named.

But it's old and badly assembled and has more patches than a MicroSoft OS.

Now due to recent events, ConOps will always leave a bitter taste in user's mouth's.

If one wanted to strike a blow for justice and one for the community then this would certainly answer that call !

Let's be honest, who wouldn't prefere something shiny and new ? That could possibly be open ended for further expansion.

I know there is a lot of involvement for the developer but im sure for the right reason more help would come to the ralling call.

"If you build it, they will come" so to speak.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should nes or any other XBox developer with some real talent even bother spending all their time and effort doing something like this? I would certainly support it, but it definitely wont happen Cbagy.

No one would do this, unless they kept their work closed source. I hope a more cutthroat dev shows up and serves BP some harshly deserved ownage though. He really has cut the scene off at the knees out of his need for personal attention.

I whole heartedly agree with the sharing ethos of the developing community.

It is to be applauded, however i could easily turn a blind eye and keep my mouth shut

if a Dev decided to release a cracking Mame version but with no sources. Im presuming a lot

would understand.

as a longtime end user of mame and someone who got an xbox for sole reason to play mame emulators, I'm grateful for all the work people have done to make coinops possible, personally it's been my preferred emulator for ages now. Its sad to read all the politics and wank surrounding the dev scene for xbox now, seems some people really lost sight of the fact this is just gaming, it's supposed to be about having fun. I don't care who credits who for what, just keep the games coming please....

Happy new year

You've kind of answered yourself there.

As without the proper protocol there wouldn't have been any Mame on Xbox therefore

no-one would have been having fun and playing games. That includes you and i.

So we must be thankfull that protocol was followed and hope that it continues in that vein.

By your own admission you don't care who does what as long as you get the end product right ?

So in retrospect your statements weren't what other developers were wishing to hear really.

By the way, we are debating here and not starting a flaming war. lol.

It is to be applauded, however i could easily turn a blind eye and keep my mouth shut

if a Dev decided to release a cracking Mame version but with no sources. Im presuming a lot

would understand.

I would also completely understand if it was kept closed source. It's either that or give it to BP to call his own, even though he did absolutely nothing to create or develop it. Make no mistake, I'd support a new MAME 110%. What I won't do however, is support "ConOPs" any further. A new MAME port that somebody slaves over does not need to end up as a ConOPs core update for BP's benefit. He can do a core update himself. Right? <_<

BP said he doesn't need my support in the other thread. :lol: That's funny because he had obviously already lost my support before he even said that. I don't support people selfishly tearing down the XBox scene for their own personal benefit. That's where a line needs to be drawn. I thought people were wrong for causing BP problems. Little did I know it was the other way around.

We've surely lost our talent that was left. It will take a helluva lot to convince someone with any real ability to go for this, but I would support them doing whatever they had to do to keep their work from being stolen. Even if they worked under an anonymous surname and keep their sources to themselves.

The reality is, the scene is going to have to live off of BP's "updates" or should I say the updates made by "insert developer's name here." Some tinkering here and there on an app that is copied and pasted together is old news by now. Thanks a bunch bendermike for mamedox/CoinOPs. Thanks a bunch iq132 for the drivers you added to it. And thanks to all the other coders who worked on ConOPS. Especially nes6502, elsemi, gogo ackman and anyone else I'm leaving out.

All the fake "Im leaving the scene for good" bs was nothing but drama. If you were trying to take the house down with you BP, you did a good job of it by killing the developer support, it's foundation. I dont get how someone could think people feel that desperate for those incremental "updates" or tinkers here and there that you do. It's only when you steal from others that you get any kind of a real improvement to your ConOPS app. Trying to ridicule users on forums is nothing but a childish facade by now. Why didn't you ever do a core update BP? Xbox MAME has needed it for years.

Ah, nevermind I see. You'll "do" one after someone else does one first. You'll "do" it by stealing from another talented coder who does it legitimately. Someone tell me, who is going to be a fool and fall for that? There will never be a core update for Xbox MAME or any other cool new endeavors on the scene as long as BP is still around leeching. He's done irreparable harm to the Xbox scene with this stunt.

It's actually okay for users who don't accept this kind of crap. The additions "ConOPS" offers exist in the emus we already have. The privately circulating versions offer nothing I need or care about personally. I'm fine clicking an extra button or two to enter the original emulators created by their true authors, most of which have superior GUIs and the games actually work when I press start to run them, without need for extra tinkering on my part.

People who do not condone this kind of thing should speak up. In all fairness, those who do should do the same. That way we know who condones the sacrificing of the Xbox Scene for one person's lust for glory and attention and who does not.

That said, I would support a new Xbox MAME if only someone were willing to do it. As it stands, MAME for the box has been obsolete for years. After witnessing how this went down, it's no wonder HK didn't bother coming back after MAMEox128 Plus. I wish everyone luck who has hope for the scene. But it was fun for a while in its heyday.

would understand.

I would also completely understand if it was kept closed source. It's either that or give it to BP to call his own, even though he did absolutely nothing to create or develop it. Make no mistake, I'd support a new MAME 110%. What I won't do however, is support "ConOPs" any further. A new MAME port that somebody slaves over does not need to end up as a ConOPs core update for BP's benefit. He can do a core update himself. Right? <_<

BP said he doesn't need my support in the other thread. :lol: That's funny because he had obviously already lost my support before he even said that. I don't support people selfishly tearing down the XBox scene for their own personal benefit. That's where a line needs to be drawn. I thought people were wrong for causing BP problems. Little did I know it was the other way around.

We've surely lost our talent that was left. It will take a helluva lot to convince someone with any real ability to go for this, but I would support them doing whatever they had to do to keep their work from being stolen. Even if they worked under an anonymous surname and keep their sources to themselves.

The reality is, the scene is going to have to live off of BP's "updates" or should I say the updates made by "insert developer's name here." Some tinkering here and there on an app that is copied and pasted together is old news by now. Thanks a bunch bendermike for mamedox/CoinOPs. Thanks a bunch iq132 for the drivers you added to it. And thanks to all the other coders who worked on ConOPS. Especially nes6502, elsemi, gogo ackman and anyone else I'm leaving out.

All the fake "Im leaving the scene for good" bs was nothing but drama. If you were trying to take the house down with you BP, you did a good job of it by killing the developer support, it's foundation. I dont get how someone could think people feel that desperate for those incremental "updates" or tinkers here and there that you do. It's only when you steal from others that you get any kind of a real improvement to your ConOPS app. Trying to ridicule users on forums is nothing but a childish facade by now. Why didn't you ever do a core update BP? Xbox MAME has needed it for years.

Ah, nevermind I see. You'll "do" one after someone else does one first. You'll "do" it by stealing from another talented coder who does it legitimately. Someone tell me, who is going to be a fool and fall for that? There will never be a core update for Xbox MAME or any other cool new endeavors on the scene as long as BP is still around leeching. He's done irreparable harm to the Xbox scene with this stunt.

It's actually okay for users who don't accept this kind of crap. The additions "ConOPS" offers exist in the emus we already have. The privately circulating versions offer nothing I need or care about personally. I'm fine clicking an extra button or two to enter the original emulators created by their true authors, most of which have superior GUIs and the games actually work when I press start to run them, without need for extra tinkering on my part.

People who do not condone this kind of thing should speak up. In all fairness, those who do should do the same. That way we know who condones the sacrificing of the Xbox Scene for one person's lust for glory and attention and who does not.

That said, I would support a new Xbox MAME if only someone were willing to do it. As it stands, MAME for the box has been obsolete for years. After witnessing how this went down, it's no wonder HK didn't bother coming back after MAMEox128 Plus. I wish everyone luck who has hope for the scene. But it was fun for a while in its heyday.

tl;dr

I agree speak up guys <_< loud and clear.....you all hate CoinOPS and use other versions im sure its rubbish all though check the dates of cpp and you will see over 1000 changes.........well you basards why do you all download it so much just to critise it, just enjoy it and life will go by alot better...or you could complain and stress and blow steam it allways helps

(also the core well I dont have skill but if I wanted it in id learn the skill thats for sure...but it will run alot of stuff way to slow without great optomising skills like elsemi id have no chance of that also nearly everything is supported, I had new noegeo and cps2 and never inserted it as I didnt see the point)