Transfering files to xbox slow...

Bambi

I was FTP'ing everything perfectly until about a month ago the transfers started to go slower and slower to the point now that transfering even 2MB mp3's takes 20 minutes. Is it possible to get a Hard Drive enclosure and transfer files onto it through the USB?

I was FTP'ing everything perfectly until about a month ago the transfers started to go slower and slower to the point now that transfering even 2MB mp3's takes 20 minutes. Is it possible to get a Hard Drive enclosure and transfer files onto it through the USB?

what method do you use for ftp,crossover cable router???

it could be to do with your settings.

some info.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/i...hp/t375283.html

it could be to do with your firewall.

I use a Crossover cable from the PC to the XBox. It's prolly not a Firewall issue though.

I have 3 XBox 1's set up for different things. The other 2 transfer at normal speeds its the one I use as a Media Center that has the speed issue.

It says I have about 4GB free, I'm thinking that the HDD maybe ready to quit from to much use. Would the HDD Enclosure work to transfer?

im not sure,wait and see what some other people have to say but if you think your hdd is on the way out and it is softmodded make sure you have a backup of your xbox eeprom if you plan on using that xbox again by installing another hdd.

As Fu says back up essential system files "NOW". Im gonna guess "Heat". With this repetative behaviour its gonna get hotter and hotter untill it dies. It is on its way out. In fact to double check, copy everything to PC. Take to pieces and clean thoroughly, if you feel comfortable enough remove GPU and CPU heatsinks. Clean of bubble gum thats used to dissipate heat, and re-apply some new "proper" stuff. Pop HDD back in and re-assemble. Format the HDD, re-install softmod and try to ftp everything back. If it still persists then its f*****. With Softmod's this preceedure is much more long winded and difficult. Probably best to get new HDD and prepare for softmod, the re-place. Although the internal maintenance wouldn't hurt. Option 3. Sing "Take That" songs to it untill it submitts.

I use a great big crossover cable, and for some reason I've always found that files transfer much quicker if I'm in evox, than if I'm in XBMC. As for putting your xbox hard drive into an enclosure, your problem would be that windows, or linux or whatever won't be able to read or write to the drive as it's in fatx. Unless someone's made a file explorer which recognises it.

I'll have to copy everything off it to get it ready for a new HDD. It's not softmodded it has a modchip in it so I'm not sure how I'm going to get it back working again. Prolly have to find someone local to work on it.

I'll have to copy everything off it to get it ready for a new HDD. It's not softmodded it has a modchip in it so I'm not sure how I'm going to get it back working again. Prolly have to find someone local to work on it.

It contains a modchip, which means you have a much better chance of saving the Xbox. Try getting a new HDD first and see how that works. But before installing it you should really do some internal maintenance on it, like cleaning it out.

If those two things do not solve the problem, then check cbagy's post again on replacing the thermal adhesive. You should backup anything important on the old HDD now, just as a safety measure.