The official Tekken 6 Blood Rebellion Thread!

L.S.D

I got some time with it earlier today. senario mode gets a bit better after the first few stages. still not awesome though. graphics are OK, not jaw dropping like VF5 though. VF5 is still the best looking fighter of this generation. COntrols and gameplay are classic Tekken, dial a combos. nothing new there. I don't really like that style of gameplay all that much but it's what some people love. I hope the online will be OK, I've been playing with the standard controller cuz I didn't want to dig out my stick, but next time I play I will use my TE.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on T6.

Graphic is just like the arcade, so I am happy enough. As what Inky said, VF5 seems to look better than T6 although both came out at the same time. Gameplay is very much intact, I just wish I have a stick to play it with ;) Scenario campaign is a hit or miss. Changing target is a hassle, but it is definitely better than the Devil jin mode in T5 (?!?). Too many cutscenes though.

the endings for the characters are Tekken-ish, but one nice touch is how they are tying up some storyline with each other (example: marduk/king armor king storyline & Asuka/Lili/Panda storyline). Lee's ending is superb & funny (I am sure Fatal Rose will be happy to know that :D)

Now, hoping that online will not be disappointing.

Alright... 24 hrs until I have Tekken. The guy I work with just so happens to be a real big gamer. Imagine my luck! I don't really go out and since Im new in town, finding a game head like myself is not so common. He claims he is pretty good... so I gotta brush off my rust and get on it.

Imagine this..

I'm playing ghost mode with my bad ass Kazuya, customized to look tough and not like a reject from Dragon Ball Z. my wife is sitting on the couch reading a magazine.

and she looks up just in time to see me get KOed with a huge combo from a Kangaroo.....

yeah I'm never gonna live it down, and that's why I hate Tekken. fuckin Kangaroos..

Imagine this..

I'm playing ghost mode with my bad ass Kazuya, customized to look tough and not like a reject from Dragon Ball Z. my wife is sitting on the couch reading a magazine.

and she looks up just in time to see me get KOed with a huge combo from a Kangaroo.....

yeah I'm never gonna live it down, and that's why I hate Tekken. fuckin Kangaroos..

hahahahahhahahahahahaha

I'll never understand why Tekken has characters like that.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Tekken looks better then VF5, I still have to play the game for myself though.

Oh wow, online sucks ass. Namco really did not listen to the requests of gamers for netcode like SFIV or BB.

Player match is ok as you can invite friends whom you know have good connection.

Ranked match is a problem though.

1. You can't choose your opponents. The game will find one player randomly to fight with you.

2. You ARE COMMITTED to the match once an opponent is found, even if he/she has very bad connection. You can't

back out of it.

I enter a match where the player keep doing uf+3/4 or d+3/4. the whole fucking match, and you can either do the same or just block, the only reaction you can do in time due to the lag.

I really hope they patch this :D Disappointed with online.

On the other hand, i feel that single player still remain solid. A good training ground for you to thrash people in the arcade later :D

Hmmm I forgot all about midnight releases. I get it in less than 2 hours. Tekken... it's been too long. Good thing I have the night off.

I recall all previous move lists in game are crap navigationwise. So I'm printing up some sheets right now.

that sucks hearing about online. Why can't they figure it out by now. people want good connections especially for ranked matches. you should be able to kick or back out of a ranked match before it starts. I figured the competition would be shit low kicks over and over again. there just aren't enough new school gamers who know how to play fighting games. 1000s of nubs and then a wide gap to the 100s of pros with no one in between.

that sucks hearing about online. Why can't they figure it out by now. people want good connections especially for ranked matches. you should be able to kick or back out of a ranked match before it starts. I figured the competition would be shit low kicks over and over again. there just aren't enough new school gamers who know how to play fighting games. 1000s of nubs and then a wide gap to the 100s of pros with no one in between.

Inky, you might want to try online. According to some source, online is REGION LOCKED. So, if you are having a US region version of the game, you will play with those of the same region only. Not sure how true is that. If you can try and get into ranked match, let see what is the connection and who the player is from.

Id try it but my box is too far from the router. I havent yet bought a wireless doohicky for the 360.

Dude there were mostly PS3 guys picking up Tekken when I was there last night. I don't get it. Sure 360 is mainstream, but damned if 360 doesn't have it beat out. I was talking to one guy and he says there are at least 12 Tekken pro's he knows of in our local area. "pros" Like tournament guys. I have to seriously tackle this game. Im so freaking weak, Its like starting from scratch!

I have noticed some new moves and removal of others. Well... You know what I mean. Like Brian for instance. They changed up one of my favorite air juggles. I've been seeing alot of this but since its been so long, I cant quite put my finger on what is different from time to time. Alls I know, Is im going to play religiously now, regardless of good or bad online connections. I'll just have to find locals if its bad.

Tekken... we meet again!