CoinOPS reignite SHOWCASE

BritneysPAIRS

OK a thread into what people would like in Showcase....im planning a new version at sometime and to optimise it.....

so comments on your thoughts and games that should be put back in or what would make your experience better

Any general comments not about CoinOPS developement but about Showcase

Just thought Id mention first thanks for the showcase build finally got it and personally I think CoinOps looks better with vid previews, on that note..I noticed the king of fighters 2003 & 2004 have the same video dont know if that was on purpose or an error...

*also quick question do you need the roms names that dont have video previews from your old releases ..Iv kept the roms and add'd it to R2 - "ShowCase" then made - R3 showcase ect..ect...was hopin one day youd release all the vids if you ever decide to do that let me know and Ill send you a txt file with the full names should be around 200-400 videos....

Showcase is the way coinops should be, works good sounds good looks good and easy to set up - and it works without hours of reading forums and having to figure stuff out.

The showcase is pretty much perfect in my opinion games are being added which is everyone's main concern now everything works so it is all good :lol:

So what were you thinking of doing to it? will the patch add more user funtionality, games support or will it tie up loose ends behind the scenes: bugs, bloat etc?

quick edit: don't keep the patch to yourself man! if it makes showcase better then how can I fulfil my seemingly never-to-end quest to have the ultimate xbox if I can't get the "special stuff" lol. Not that it really matters you just do what you think is best mate.

Edited by sbpaabck

I will add new games driver maybe Sega Y games core. New games people want me to add. But I require feedback to what people want to see the patch would just extended and can overwite Showcase and it would then be Showcase R2. Let me know guys do you want the games to match the old 1000 games or for me to release the 400 odd games ive got running. It wont match old versions exactly as some games have issues in older builds not many a couple this add bloat or should I release the 30-40 good games that are missing due to driver updates and also listen to requests and add stuff that people want in?.

The reason why 2004 and 2003 have same video is I didnt include 2004 you added the rom and it fails back to the parent which must be 2003 (as 2004 is a bootleg I believe) it will fall back the parent rom if its a clone and it cant find a video

Peace if you want more on showcase I need to know you have seen the level it should be the most refined xbox arcade build ever IMO

Also any comments on your thoughts about Showcase and if it is what you really wanted is good you guys direct this stuff a little by your thoughts

Obviously Night Slashers is one game ill add ;)

cool well personally I think I would prefer to just have the good games added (30-40) rather than all of them because its simply impossible for me to play or want to play them all. Driver updates and good games because space is an issue for some ppl and im sure a lot of those games don't get played, just collected!

Plus if ppl do want to add the 1000 games it can already be done quite easily.

I think showcase should be the new flagship of your fleet, I love the way it just does everything now. Great games and good times ;)

I agree that the top 40 would be cleanest and most useful...

but it would be cool to tinker with 400 odd ones....

people say that they will never play all those games... just collect them. that is true,

but I think that is going to be the case, regardless... I mean... 1000 games is huge...

I think it comes down to what specific set of games the individual will actually play... and that will be different from another person.

Within the 1000, I truthfully have all the games I could ask for, and with BP and iq_'s updates, I have more than I could have asked for or dreamed :)

But... there actually have been several times where friends of mine have come over and said "do you have ___ game?... it might not have been very popular" but I couldn't find it....

You never know what someone will like... there could be some games in that 400 that others like, while in the "star set", they don't care about...

Well... this is my "devil's advocate" take on why it would be cool to have an update of "ODD" games.

Is there a dat for those games? or one could be made as optional... that would be best.

Thanks Guys :D

Edited by Mega Man (?)