CoinOPS reignite SHOWCASE

BritneysPAIRS

True, for instance "The revenge of shinobi" in my opinion is a badass classic game, "not included in showcase" but luckily for me I kept'd all my previous sets...giving me around 1,200-ish...as far as I can tell using the R3 standalone all the previous games work so thats peferct for me..I really dont see why other people wouldnt want a larger set...since they can swift through it and handpick the games they want to keep."as long as coinops even plays them ofcoarse"...and delete the ones they dont...no need to rely on one person to tell you what games are considered good/bad....thats what the filemanagers for....small hard drive? duhh = delete what you dont want...large harddrive=more games to "collect" only if you own them ofcoarse ..ha

p.s as far as I can tell showcase is the best of the best of what mame has to offer but TONS of good games are left out...I just ordered the dvd pack and might up the "missing" videos...anyone even interested?

OK I have a high attention to detail even all the videos have been altered from the dvd to cut out silly parts like the player one start for 5 secs before the game starts, plus fully tested in SD and HD, catergies, named, keymaped,nv. Plus alot doesnt work Rom wise if you added R3 :lol: and even mre in R4 probabaly 15 or so previously released games. Also some games wont boot in HD now due to diff memory usages same as R3 I know of these issues and alot are solved with new support files in R4.

But you guys can do patchs and I can opt out and work on Standalone more

Good luck with your patchs guys. (XBOX) create a thread for a Patch ill close this one down. The full list of games supported on the xbox is over 2000 indivdual games someone should release a full pack at some point I wont be but its asked for alot.

Also ill fix the DATS soon im thinking about what ones to do and will get around to it at some point.... Full 2800 games that work (no more non working titles) and best 1200 and SHOWCASE R2 best 900 games

OK I have a high attention to detail even all the videos have been altered from the dvd to cut out silly parts like the player one start for 5 secs before the game starts, plus fully tested in SD and HD, catergies, named, keymaped,nv. Plus alot doesnt work Rom wise if you added R3 :) and even mre in R4 probabaly 15 or so previously released games. Also some games wont boot in HD now due to diff memory usages same as R3 I know of these issues and alot are solved with new support files in R4.

But you guys can do patchs and I can opt out and work on Standalone more

Good luck with your patchs guys. (XBOX) create a thread for a Patch ill close this one down. The full list of games supported on the xbox is over 2000 indivdual games someone should release a full pack at some point I wont be but its asked for alot.

Also ill fix the DATS soon im thinking about what ones to do and will get around to it at some point.... Full 2800 games that work (no more non working titles) and best 1200 and SHOWCASE R2 best 900 games

Hey BP:So does this mean you will be working on the standalone from now on? Think i'll just stick with showcase it does everything I want it to :) Thanks again. It would be nice if there was still some future support for drivers patches etc. for showcase. Although I guess the driver work is wrapping up now? Im sure a lot of ppl think the same, they're probably just busy playing and not on this forum as it all works straight off.

@ xbox: Never played any of these games in the arcade except the recently added thunder hoop which I played on holiday in france, or some generic scrolling flying/schmups 1944 etc. By the time I was in the arcade it was all time crisis and house of the dead plus I used to punch the shit out of this punch bag game; sonic blast man was mint. I guess my point is some of us do need to be advised which games are good, or risk getting bored playing crap. For example I tried Shinobi and it seemed basic so I played something else, plus I have it for the megadrive. Some ppl remember the old games and go looking for that feeling they had when they were young, some ppl love the history and the story and the artwork, some ppl just love to play old games for the gameplay. We'll never all agree!!! :P Horses for courses there is a lot of options out there a lot for everyone - I have access to the big romset but just think its overkill and my 360gb hard drive is running out of space for music which I think is more important than some game from 1985 when I was 3 :lol:

Plus the reason I didn;t add all the other games was the lack of video support and in some cases picture support. I didn't want this to ruin the look of the emulator by leaving "gaps".

I think you would be doing a great service to everyone who wants all the games if you made those videos available. Not many ppl are going to buy them or take time to record them... personally im ok am going to stick with showcase unless it gets totally outdated or something...