What are your favorite laid back games?

Shibathedog

For any system, if your just playing with some friends after a long day of work to wind down or whatever. Me and my friends have been playing a lot of tiger woods games, top spin is surprisingly addicting. Tons of fighting games and Fight Night Round 2 (It's not really a fighting game I guess, and 2 is WAY better than 3 on Xbox and I don't have 360) also Tony Hawk games. Tony Hawk 3 is probably the best one. I want to get them into some Gradius V (laid back when you have free play unlocked lol) but I dunno how that will work out. Kind of lame that R-Type Final has no multiplayer. Then again it might not be a good choice because from what I've played of it so far it is HARD. Although maybe it was because I was trying to play without using the bit at all because I couldn't figure it out lol.

Gotta get that Tiger Woods 10 on PS2 though, looks awesome (right now we play 07) and has online mode. We will destroy everyone at golf lol.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridge racer 5, THP1,2&3, Hot shot Golf 1,2 and 3 on the playstation, Odd World Munch's Oddysee, Project Gothem Racing 1, Toe Jam and Earl on Xbox, Test drive on Xbox. These are laid back stuff i play sometimes when im lazy or just bored out of my mind.

Edited by Snow Patr0l

Laid back games have always been rpg's/mmo's for me. Any game that requires me to think about precision jumping automatically gets me fired up :D.

Yeah, too many brain cells being used, i burn out quickly. :D

Edited by Snow Patr0l

Columns on Sega.

Everybody Golf aka Hot Shots Golf Fore!. You can just pick it up and play, and it doesn't require massive concentration efforts or quick reflexes (well, some reflexes are required if you want to make decent swings). Best damn golf game on the PS2, too.

Rez, to a degree. At least until you get to a boss.

Space Channel 5

Ridge Racer V is pretty laid back. Same cannot be said about Burnout (any installment, most notoriously Revenge) with the speed it has.

Most RPGs, as long as they're not action RPGs, or have some kind of realtime/semi-realtime thing going on, can be pretty laid back.

Gradius V just kills me. There's nothing laid back about it. Even more so with R-Type Final. Both are excellent games otherwise, though. Definitely not something to wind down with.

Zelda games relax me too.

Gradius V is easy as hell for me for some reason. The first time I played it I got all the way to level 3 or 4 or something without dying and then beat it. I cannot say the same thing about R-Type Final, I get my ass handed to me constantly in that game. It usually goes downhill once I get to that silver blob boss on like the first level.

I was thinking of trying out Hot Shots Fore, it looks pretty cool, but is it really worth checking out if I already have Tiger Woods? It seems like they are basically the same Hot Shots is just less realistic and you swing by tapping a button twice instead of with the stick.

I finally found a copy of TW10 online (w00t!) but I can't find any DNAS info. I guess worst case scenario I'll rent it or buy it if it turns out to be any good.