CoinOPS IGNITE vs MAMEoX128 Plus

BritneysPAIRS

CoinOPS IGNITE vs MAMEoX128 Plus  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, well I thought that's how the options list worked in MameoX128, it's been a while since I've used it. I do remember it being some sort of left and right affair when you went into options. Probably the dpad then. You select options, then press left or right to switch between the different option categories. I knew that L and R fast scroll on the game list in MameoX128, and I'm sure you're right that it does in the options menu too. I just remembered wrong. Like I said I haven't used either MameoX or CoinOps in a while.

As for game categories, we weren't talking about those. They're fine in CoinOps. We were just talking about option categories. Like video options, display options, sound options, network options, that sort of thing. The sorting methods for the games are all fine in CoinOps. Like you say, better than in MameoX.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left/Right tigger switchs though the catergoies in options in both EMUs..... it has alot more options than hks and I streamlined it alot or else I would had to have 20 catergoies of options I hid some for sure, cause people keep make bad mistacks and asking me about stuff so for them those options are hidden away...although they just need to read the readme to access them. There are alot of GUI settings for sure in CoinOPS compaired with hk build but most people just need the stuff in basic settings...most of which arnt avaible in hk build. The other options are only for people like fum who loves to tweak things, but I added alot more tweaks for him like adjust vert and horizontal game for widescreen. But most people dont need this stuff and actually dont change anything really from defaults.

Anyways I take it onboard your thoughts on settings, I was going to do another overhaul but in the other direction....merging multiple buttons onto one button to try and remove one page of settings, you can see an example of this in new way to turn on/off added fav games and also on the background music selector, it used to use 2 buttons now it uses one

So it is L and R triggers for switching option categories in MameoX. And yes I remember now, CoinOps is the same but with only 3 pages. I understand why you hide options, and that's fine, I guess I like to tweak things myself too, and I'm the only person in my house who even knows what an emulator is so it's fine to have all the options activated for me.

I've just looked at CoinOps R3, (Dunno if things are different in R4) and looking at it, here's how I'd organise things in the settings menu. Bare in mind I'm just saying this is how I'd do it, not how you should do it.

I'd have a page called Interface, and on that page I'd have all the options you have marked with INTERFACE, along with the ones marked FAVOURITES and the ones marked LOCK GAMES. Then I'd have a page called Video, and on that page I'd have all the options you have marked VIDEO, as well as ARTWORK and the ones marked WIDESCREEN ASPECT RATIO. Then I'd have a page for AutoFire, which would have all the AUTOFIRE settings. Then a page called Memory, which has all the VIRTUAL MEMORY options. Lastly a Misc page, with the BACKGROUND MUSIC, SPLASH SCREEN and SCREENSAVER options. Then for the options you consider advanced, they should appear under those said pages, but only after pressing a button. So you could have an icon in the corner saying press white to display advanced options, and when you press it the advanced options appear under those pages. Since the VM settings shouldn't be messed with unless you know what you're doing, the Memory page would be hidden entirely until pressing white. Having things set up like that would eliminate the need for the ugly looking CAPITAL markers.

Anyway, that's just an opinion, and after all, this thread is supposed to be about how CoinOps is better than MameoX or vise versa. And when it comes down to it, how the settings page is displayed isn't really too important when comparing two emulators. Like I said, the way the options is set out in MameoX was the only thing I liked better than CoinOps. For the people who have actually voted for MameoX over CoinOps, what is it you like about it better?

noted but not going to happen if people want settings alot ill move it to the basic page otherwise the rest of the settings are clutter and are normally not shown....99 percent of people its all they need and if not ill move it into the basic settings.

it is noted but it wont be happening my side as its now a basic/advanced setting system rather than a all settings on diff pages model and I wont be going back...

But each to there own :P

Thinking about it, wouldn't that sort of thing be something that could be changed in a custom skin? I'm guessing from your skin project thread that you're maybe planning on adding the ability to select between multiple skins from within CoinOps. Or am I totally wrong about that? If there was the option to select between different skins then people could make all sorts of different layouts for CoinOps. Talented skinners anyway. And that would be yet another feature that MameoX128 Plus doesn't have.

People that vote HK put your name here :) and why please.......

Yes, do this. I'm curious. I didn't think anyone would vote for it.