I've Locked up my SNES emulator!

Emu Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm running a BAED dvd for my nes, snes, genesis, etc., and I recently bought an hd cord for my xbox. While at first I was having quite a bit of trouble when attempting to get these emulators to run at anything higher than 480i. I tried setting my unleashx to a higher resolution - but when I entered the emulator on the disc and tried to increase the resolution the screen got all messed up (the emulator didn't freeze, i just couldn't really see anything). I next tried to go to the factory MS dash and adjust the resolution there (this didn't help either - it did the same thing as before). The last thing I tried, was to put the unleashx resolution down to 480i, then proceed to go to the baed dvd and change the emulator resolution from there - good news this worked!!!! Although, I did have to stretch the games out to fit the screen. Anyways, I was able to get the NES and genesis emulators to handle 1080i no problem. I was also able to do it w/ my snes (xsne9x), but when I used the right analog stick to back out of a rom I was playing (in an attempt to select another rom), the emulator froze. So i restarted the xbox, but now I can't open the snes emulator on my BAED dvd any longer. The NES and GENESIS one's still work just fine. I assume I have to reset some sort of file (possibly .ini ?) for the emulator, but I'm not sure where to start. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick and simple solution delete your fce-ultra gamesave and see if that boots it up.might also be an idea to set fce at 720p instead of 1080i.

im geussing you dont have an upgraded hd on your xbox before you are running your emus from disc?

All those emulators on BAED are long out of date. You will have problems with settings/resolution etc when running from DVD. At least copy the emulator itself to the Xbox and run it from there, then you can play the roms off the DVD. That should solve any issues.

O.K. Well I downloaded xsnexbox and moved the folder to my xbox's hd - put it in my "emulator" folder and i have one quick question. I can get the emulator to run if I go through file explorer and click on the default.xbe, but I was wondering how could I make a file to click on when, like when I go to the emulator folder off of my dashboard (just like when I added mame x, fba-xxx, etc.). Thanks!

Ben

O.K. Well I downloaded xsnexbox and moved the folder to my xbox's hd - put it in my "emulator" folder and i have one quick question. I can get the emulator to run if I go through file explorer and click on the default.xbe, but I was wondering how could I make a file to click on when, like when I go to the emulator folder off of my dashboard (just like when I added mame x, fba-xxx, etc.). Thanks!

Ben

I don't know how it works with UnleashX, how to make shortcuts I mean. XBMC does it for you automatically as long as you have the emulator in the 'emulator' folder. The latest Zsnesbox is 3.5 IIRC btw.

is your xbox chipped or softmodded?

i do know that if its chipped(this would probably work on softmodded as well but best to do a bit of reading).

your main dash files are in your c drive.so after you get to your main dash you would have to go into another dash like say xbmc.once in xbmc go into your file explorer and go to your c drive.you should see all the files for unleashx there and there should be the default.xbe of unleashx but it will be named something like unleashx.xbe.

whatever the name of the default.xbe is keep a note of it.

anyway you can delete all your files from your unleashx dash or you can move them into your apps folder(personally i would keep unleashx as it is good for unraring files and it has a text editor).then COPY over the files from xbmc into your c drive.then go into your c drive and go to the xbmc default.xbe.then rename the default.xbe to the name that was from the unleashx default.xbe.

thats how i got xbmc as my main dash.

be aware, if your softmod was induced using ndures method then your softmodded dash isnt on c:, it has been shadowed to e: under a folder called dash, try to figure out which method has been used. Regardless of method its an easy process as long as you are aware of the structure of your drives. What works for others may not be the case for you.

Your best bet is to get hold of an installer like AID4 instead of playing about with your dash files if you're not sure. With it you can specify which dash to use and where it will be located. For example, my dash is XBMC but it located at E:\XBMC. You will need a secondary dash at some point so you should download UnleashX and extract it to say 'Apps' on E. You will need to boot into UnleashX to update XBMC at a later date as you cannot do it on the fly as files will be in use by the system. There are some nice 720p skins for XBMC, especially MediaStream.

Good luck!

be aware, if your softmod was induced using ndures method then your softmodded dash isnt on c:, it has been shadowed to e: under a folder called dash, try to figure out which method has been used. Regardless of method its an easy process as long as you are aware of the structure of your drives. What works for others may not be the case for you.

well if he has got that file structure what i said still applies just copy the files into said drive rename the default.xbe to the name of his originsl main dash .xbe and your good to go.

but if your not sure about this stuff emunewbie then the safest bet is what gavin said.AID(auto installer disc) can be used with chipped or softmodded xboxs.

edit/this installer disc will also install the newest versions of most emus for xbox and can put the newest versions of any apps you may have that are out of date.

well I must have really messed up. I did what you guys said, found the default.xbe for the current dashboard (I found it on the E drive), tried replacing it w/ the xbmc one that I found under applications. Changed the names, then rebooted, then a black screen came up saying it some trouble w/ xbmc log or something like that. So i reversed what I did w/ my ftp client, and everything was fixed. So I kept searching for the .xbe file that when I clicked it, would take me to xunleash (like the xbox does when I turn it on). I found one under the C drive in a folder SID5 and did the same thing that I did before (renamed the standard, which was default.xbe to defaultold.xbe) and moved the new one into that folder. Rebooted, but now all I get is a screen that pops up saying i need to fix the xbox, and now I can't connect w/ my ftp client to fix the problem I created.

Now what?