Hk vs Coinops, Which do you use the MOST?

XtecuterX73

Info needed for data collecting purposes  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These are examples of drivers that would be updated....

Sega System 16 games since .84.3b doesn't emulate the sound correctly or have missing voice and fx , but is fixed since 0.90 version

Sega System 24 Alien Storm a missing background layer in first person stages fixed since 0.90 version (?)

Sega System 32 emulation is more accurate in newer mame versions

Namco System 2 driver was heavily updated until now (Dragon Saber, Phelios, Burning Force, etc)

That's exactly what i'm getting at. If possible for them to update those and other drivers on CoinOPS, we could go trough the games supported, see what are the ones that play already and doesn't need improvements, and make a list of the ones like those that need some work and were fixed, or made playable in later versions of MAME PC. :lol:

In the end, with some coordination and effort, we can have a list of games for every person to check and make their own costumised CoinOPS compilation depending on their tastes and favourites. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i would just like to see the full raiden fighters series emulated on mame for xbox but if they release the 360 port in europe then i wont mind! :D

anyway raiden fighter2 is great to have and im glad bp got it knocked up in the end.

Finally I did test CoinOPS and hats off to BP.

Superb work.

And I really really appreciate the wonderful job on CoinOPS Ignite, and I am really really using it, and I am really really enjoying it... But a small part of me is still attached to the old HK$ Mameox128 because I still can get SHARPEN graphics in the game. I will check my config, but I think it is because the SIMPLE 2X filter. Yes yes, ImThePesterGuy, but this is the way I live. No blur, no smoothing, not flicker filters. Yeah.

Please, I am not complaining, I am just saying words about the last thing that still hooks me up to Mameox128 in some games.

For those who don't know how paranoid I am with SHARPEN graphics, visit my site at: http://www.fancyxbox.info

Cheers!!

Great job, BP!!!

Edited by Cospefogo

When i installed Coinops Ignite on my Xbox, I thought it looked blurry too.

So i disabled "Video anti-aliasing" and "Video soften display" in the advanced options.

This makes it much clearer.

:D

well i would love to updivers like midway etc ... (ps narc is midway :D )

this is not what im good at and dont really understand it well.... I welcome any help, It took me about 20 hours to put in raiden fighters 2 2000 and nearly gave up many times. Toaplan 2 drivers update was pretty easy. Any help here would be great. I would pay someone like export or a mame dev to help for a little and fix up these games for everyone. I will be starting a new thread soon for CoinOPS ReIgnite for a list of new stuff. But its allways wierd to me how people talk about features after a release and not when im working on them :lol: I will be looking at the driver area.... video filter area and rotation of screens and advanced options on what to rotate. Ill be looking at drivers only for poplular games though. Enkak do you know any dev that can do drivers that want work... if so get me in contact with them please

this is not what im good at and dont really understand it well.... I welcome any help, It took me about 20 hours to put in raiden fighters 2 2000 and nearly gave up many times.

For someone that supposedly doesn't know what they are doing then that alone is worth a hundred thanks. It is a shame that more devs aren't willing/able to help with drivers though. I can test/upload but then any tom/dick/harry can do that.

well i would love to updivers like midway etc ... (ps narc is midway :) )

this is not what im good at and dont really understand it well.... I welcome any help, It took me about 20 hours to put in raiden fighters 2 2000 and nearly gave up many times. Toaplan 2 drivers update was pretty easy. Any help here would be great. I would pay someone like export or a mame dev to help for a little and fix up these games for everyone. I will be starting a new thread soon for CoinOPS ReIgnite for a list of new stuff. But its allways wierd to me how people talk about features after a release and not when im working on them :) I will be looking at the driver area.... video filter area and rotation of screens and advanced options on what to rotate. Ill be looking at drivers only for poplular games though. Enkak do you know any dev that can do drivers that want work... if so get me in contact with them please

Sadly, most of them only work on MAME PC, so unless any of the current people working on the xbox scene wants to try it, i'm not sure. :D The persons that worked on MAMEoX at the time seemed to disappear a short while after that. :(

PS: I'm only talking now about this stuff because i just 'came back' from RL. :lol:

We apreciate the effort of course and i've no idea the work that is going through every driver, since most of them have their peculiar things.

I'm thinking about going through the list of games supported and comparing them to the new MAME PC versions. I just downloaded it for that purpose, to see what's changed and what could get a fix or not. At the moment i'm only thinking about some games too, and not all, like the Sega and Namco drivers mentioned before, Avenging Spirit (of course :)), Double Dragon 1 and so on. :)

Sometimes, even if they aren't so popular, you can discover new gems and games that people would love to play going through this choices and ideas. It's all about personal tastes in the end. Some people like to have all the Metal Slugs in their compilation for example, others only want the one they like best to save space, etc. :)

also check out what happened when I went public with new drivers

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pNr...udEQ&hl=en# (new or updated driver tab) as if I dont have a copy but its not much help

Is it just me or am I still the 'owner' of the coinops spreadsheet? I remember starting it months ago, and I save it regularly, but I didn't realise I was still the owner.

Ok, i will try to look later the supported game list on CoinOPS, and going through the compilation i did for MAMEoX 0.84b3 too, since it was a personal best off to fit one DVD, and through MAME 0.129 dats and infos to see what games could use some of the newer or older fixs, or new cool games, with a list of suggestions.

Another older favourite of mine, that i was addicted at the time on a arcade near home, was Thunder Hoop from Gaelco (1992), that was introduced on MAME 0.84 on PC, but only reached playable status on later versions. Anyone remembers that game?

Here's some screenshots:

1094458796.jpg1094459177.jpg

:D

Edited by Enkak