Is there a doctor in the house?

Robert

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert... you'll be fine. Doesn't mean I wont pray for you... but this will pass... (Uhhhh... not intended to be a pun)

Eat lots of greasy food, and drink lots of coffee.

But for real, it's probably best if you drink mostly water. And never... EVER joke about joining the vegetarians!!!!!

Robert... you'll be fine. Doesn't mean I wont pray for you... but this will pass... (Uhhhh... not intended to be a pun)

Eat lots of greasy food, and drink lots of coffee.

But for real, it's probably best if you drink mostly water. And never... EVER joke about joining the vegetarians!!!!!

Yes, being a vegetarian is bad, despite what they think the human body REQUIRES meat proteins.

I don't care if people do it, but when I meet/learn of vegetarian parents who force their toddlers/children to be vegetarians I wish I had a gun...........

And don't get me started on vegans, those people are just plain f**ked up and retarded.

Though the more of them that exist, the cheaper my meat prices are (Supply and demand!), so for anyone reading..........feel free to become a vegetarian/vegan!

The constipation fixed itself on Tuesday morning.

The first diagnosis is in, I have Chronic Kidney Disease.

The filtration rate should be >90, currently at 60.

When it drops to 30 a new kidney is required.

So, looks liked I am fukked.

The constipation fixed itself on Tuesday morning.

The first diagnosis is in, I have Chronic Kidney Disease.

The filtration rate should be >90, currently at 60.

When it drops to 30 a new kidney is required.

So, looks liked I am fukked.

I am no doctor... but do not fret. You did say 1st diagnosis. So wait till you get another opinion. Secondly... Hmmm. alternative medicines. Perhaps I can look into this matter and see what I can dig up. I have a source of knowledge in this field, and I'll get back to you when I get an answer or two.

Holy shit, I just finished that lecture. That's borderline stage 3 CKD. Hopefully you don't get any uremic symptoms (show at stage 5 or 6 when GFR goes below 15-30).

Belth, GFR is not something you really need to wait around for another opinion. It is what it is. They probably did a iothalamate or inulin test.

Now they'll check his Vit D hormones as well as his parathyroid, check for anemia, and do a host of lab tests.

If there is any hypertension then that will have to be aggressively managed and if you don't then they'll probably do something about blood pressure management anyway because that is the number 1 risk for disease progression.

They did a whole heap of tests already. They tested my urine and my blood. My blood pressure is normal.

For you Gryph, this is what was tested (number in parenthesis are normal values):

Normal results: Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Bicarbonate, Anion Gap, Urea, Creatinine, Bilirubin, AST, ALT, Alkaline Phosphatase, Protein, Albumin, Globulin, Calcium, Corrected Calcium.

Abnormal results:

eGFR: 60 (>90)

Urate: 0.52 (0.18-0.42)

GGT: 62 (

In the sample, proteins, white cells and red cells were present (should not be there).

Leucocytes: 74 (

Erthrocytes: 60 (

Haematuria, Pyuria and Proteinuria noted.

Hopefully the red cells mean its just a stone that can be got rid of.

Otherwise... :angry: