Problems with CPS3 Emulator 1.0a

There could be a hundred and one reasons why it does that. That generic Windows error message gives nothing to go with. If you read the other topic above this one (for now at least) you pretty much know what I'm going to ask.

In any case, what kind of hardware do you have?

There could be a hundred and one reasons why it does that. That generic Windows error message gives nothing to go with. If you read the other topic above this one (for now at least) you pretty much know what I'm going to ask.

In any case, what kind of hardware do you have?

648 Mhz Pentium III processor

128 MB RAM

20 GB Hard Drive

Windows XP Professional

This is enough to run the games on Final Burn Alpha, but since no one has made any CPS-3 cheats, and MAMA2KF (which converts MAME cheats into FBA cheats) isn't on the Internet, then I have to use the CPS-3 emulator.

That's quite an old computer... I think Agozer would want to know what video card you have, and how much memory it has... or are you using onboard Intel video?

My assumption is that it's a Radeon Rage card, and I have no idea how much memory those have. I don't think it's a video issue.

128MB of RAM is probably insufficient on it's own to cause problems.

Never used this emulator though, so I don't know it's methods and loading process, but you are requiring to load all the roms and a disc image for CPS3 games right? I'd bet you simply don't have enough free RAM (And maybe swap space on HDD) for everything to load.

128MB of RAM is probably insufficient on it's own to cause problems.

Never used this emulator though, so I don't know it's methods and loading process, but you are requiring to load all the roms and a disc image for CPS3 games right? I'd bet you simply don't have enough free RAM (And maybe swap space on HDD) for everything to load.

Swap space: 1.5 GB. I think my computer just sucks. Since I'm not made of money, though, I can't get a new one.

Given it's a Pentium 3, you are probably running PC133 SDRAM, which you can find for almost nothing these days. A RAM upgrade is very much needed for you if you can't afford a new rig, 128MB didn't cut it then.

Crack the case open and see how many free/total ram slots you have.

If you've got 128MB and 3 empty slots, find yourself another 3x128MB sticks. 512MB is a good place to start, 1GB would be good (Take the 128MB stick out and pop 4x256MB sticks in).

Anything beyond that, you will need to know for sure the board supports it, many desktop boards from the P3 era, didn't support over 256MB modules unless they were high end boards.

Some boards only even have 2 slots, supporting 512MB total (Or 1GB, depends on chipset). One Gigabyte board I had was like this.

after reading this thread im surprised a modded xbox can play this emu with just a 733mhz processer and 64mb of ram.

It is quite a feat indeed. Then the Xbox can dedicate most of its resources towards pure processing power, without having to share any with an OS hanging over it's shoulder.

Given it's a Pentium 3, you are probably running PC133 SDRAM, which you can find for almost nothing these days. A RAM upgrade is very much needed for you if you can't afford a new rig, 128MB didn't cut it then.

Crack the case open and see how many free/total ram slots you have.

If you've got 128MB and 3 empty slots, find yourself another 3x128MB sticks. 512MB is a good place to start, 1GB would be good (Take the 128MB stick out and pop 4x256MB sticks in).

Anything beyond that, you will need to know for sure the board supports it, many desktop boards from the P3 era, didn't support over 256MB modules unless they were high end boards.

Some boards only even have 2 slots, supporting 512MB total (Or 1GB, depends on chipset). One Gigabyte board I had was like this.

My laptop only has two RAM slots and they can only accommodate 256 MB each. Also, it's a Dell Latitude CPx, so RAM for it is guaranteed to be expensive.