who is the best joker?

Inky

who is the best joker?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Gryph got alittle agitated.

The movie is too good to see in some lame cam copy. It should be experienced at the highest fidelity possible. I really wanted to see it in IMAX but I don't have one around here.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Gryph got alittle agitated.

The movie is too good to see in some lame cam copy. It should be experienced at the highest fidelity possible. I really wanted to see it in IMAX but I don't have one around here.

I was fortunate enough to see it on IMAX, it was well worth it.

I saw the IMAX version aswell. Luckily, my bro was able to get us a discount and the tickets only cost us 13 bucks. It was worth it. The movie is badass regardless, though. As for the best joker, i'll be different and vote Mark Hamill from the animated series on the WB from back in the day.

oh I forgot Hamill from the animated series. as for the Dark Knight there is a R5 out now that is near dvd quality.

I'm surprised Heath gets so much love, in my mind he was the least "joker" of them all. I didn't care for the movie that much over all. Burton's Batman is still untopped in my opinion. and Jack was the 2nd best joker after Cesar. Cesar is my favorite due to all those great memories as a kid i guess.

Tim Burton's Batman: The Movie is one of my favourite films, and my favourite Batman movie.

It is impossible to compare Heath's Joker to Jack's, as they are both so very different - Jack's is the outgoing, laughing clown psychopath while Heath's is the disturbed, introverted and silently sinister Joker. Both are brilliant.

I give my vote to Jack's, just by abit over Heath's. I wanted Heath's Joker to laugh maniacally more often.

Edited by Chaotica

Tim Burton's Batman: The Movie is one of my favourite films, and my favourite Batman movie.

It is impossible to compare Heath's Joker to Jack's, as they are both so very different - Jack's is the outgoing, laughing clown psychopath while Heath's is the disturbed, introverted and silently sinister Joker. Both are brilliant.

I give my vote to Jack's, just by abit over Heath's. I wanted Heath's Joker to laugh maniacally more often.

Heath did say that his goal wasn't aimed at the laughter but more at the smile during the shooting.

It really depends on who's writing for the Joker, but otherwise I'm going to say comics Joker is the most interesting and entertaining. Unfortunately some writers completely miss the point of the character and use him as just some cliche murderous freak like we see in horror movies, and sometimes he has some awkward plan and it all just feels so silly and campy.

In movies, Heath Ledger's performance combined with the writing was hands down the greatest. He was definitely handled the way he has been in past comics. And though the look wasn't so comic-booky, I feel it added some sort of realism to the character making him seem so much more plausible to exist (though I'm sure we can all agree he did a lot of things that seem pretty impossible).

I took my dad to see the movie, and we discussed, and he had told me that Jack Nicholson's character was all hype since nothing like that had been done in film before, but in the end it was just silly and the character had no true depth and wasn't anywhere near as haunting as Ledger's. He just wasn't written well, and definitely didn't go out with a bang. Ledger's spewed irony and dark humor as the character should.

Cartoon Joker was handled just as well! I love the way he was written, I just can't stand Luke Skywalker's voice, really. It's not at all what I would imagine and just annoys me.

jokeryj2.png

'This guy goes into the hospital, okay?... his wife's just had a baby and he can't wait to see them both. And the doctor smiles and says, "They're fine. Just fine. Your wife's delivered a healthy baby boy and they're both in tip-top form."

"You're one lucky guy."

So the guy rushes into the maternity ward with his flowers. But it's empty. His wife's bed is empty.

"Doc?" He says and turns around and the doctor and all the nurses wave their arms and scream in his face.

"APRIL FOOL! YOUR WIFE'S DEAD AND THE BABY'S A SPASTIC!!"

Get it?'

That still gives me the creeps.

Edited by Salorskin

Of course there is no getting by being better than the Joker from the comics. I used to read those faithfully. Movie wise, I have to admit I haven't seen the Dark Knight as of yet but I certainly LOVED Nicholson's performance. I believe Heath Ledger was a good actor but I don't want to make any positive judgements on his part just because he passed away. (No disrespect intended) Too many people (especially ladies) admire him because of his good looks and unfortunately, most people like so called actors/actresses because of their appearance and not their talents or lack therof.

So yeah...Nicholson has my vote so far.

It really depends on who's writing for the Joker, but otherwise I'm going to say comics Joker is the most interesting and entertaining. Unfortunately some writers completely miss the point of the character and use him as just some cliche murderous freak like we see in horror movies, and sometimes he has some awkward plan and it all just feels so silly and campy.

In movies, Heath Ledger's performance combined with the writing was hands down the greatest. He was definitely handled the way he has been in past comics. And though the look wasn't so comic-booky, I feel it added some sort of realism to the character making him seem so much more plausible to exist (though I'm sure we can all agree he did a lot of things that seem pretty impossible).

I took my dad to see the movie, and we discussed, and he had told me that Jack Nicholson's character was all hype since nothing like that had been done in film before, but in the end it was just silly and the character had no true depth and wasn't anywhere near as haunting as Ledger's. He just wasn't written well, and definitely didn't go out with a bang. Ledger's spewed irony and dark humor as the character should.

Cartoon Joker was handled just as well! I love the way he was written, I just can't stand Luke Skywalker's voice, really. It's not at all what I would imagine and just annoys me.

jokeryj2.png

'This guy goes into the hospital, okay?... his wife's just had a baby and he can't wait to see them both. And the doctor smiles and says, "They're fine. Just fine. Your wife's delivered a healthy baby boy and they're both in tip-top form."

"You're one lucky guy."

So the guy rushes into the maternity ward with his flowers. But it's empty. His wife's bed is empty.

"Doc?" He says and turns around and the doctor and all the nurses wave their arms and scream in his face.

"APRIL FOOL! YOUR WIFE'S DEAD AND THE BABY'S A SPASTIC!!"

Get it?'

That still gives me the creeps.

Quoted for truth.