Heroes Season 3

Krosigrim

Ok season 3 starts tonight at 8. I hear it's going to be 3 hours. Now I'm not going to geek out over this show like so many do. I do like the show... but...

What the hell are they doing? Really... The show should be called Impossible Connections. I have all the episodes on disk... AVI format. And I was at a friends house, letting him catch up on season 2. It got to the point, where I would pause the show, and say "guess the connection" I made it into a game. I should have constructed a drinking game. Every time they make a connection, take a shot. Every time you hear "I'm just looking for answers" take three shots. Every time you hear "horned rimmed glasses", take three shots.

They connect anything and everything. They even make connections outside of the story. They had Sulu... so they added Ohura too. (Star Trek) They had me pausing the damn show over 3-4 times an episode, asking "what do you think the connection will be" It is quite ridiculous. We were practically rolling on the floor with laughter. "my father is the nightmare man?" What about the double connection is season 2? Mohinder just got done talking with the split personality chick... who just came from Louisiana, to head back to the exact same house she left her son at. In that case... you'd take 5 shots.

EVERY EPISODE. every damn episode had MULTIPLE connections.... And the crem de la crem. (however you spell that)

Adam killed Heroes father, Adam of course being evil due to his heartbreak caused by Hero... but Adam never knew Hero was the son, as he was locked up for 30 years

So what the hell, they got straight ridiculous with all of this.

Now I can say, they had a writers strike, and they were trying the best that they could. Perhaps they just tried to fill the void the best they can, with so little in the way of episodes. But damn... for real... way over the top.

But regardless of this, I still like the show. I wonder what the significance of the eclipse is. It must hold major weight. It started out the first season, everyone got they're abilities after the eclipse. Then in season 2, Hero witnessed an eclipse. And of course you see it in every opening sequence.

What I don't understand, is how they explain that insignia, which means godsend. The little s/f looking character that was originally on the sword. It also appears on the split personality lady's right shoulder when she is in another personality other than her own. But how the hell is that even possible?

They have it all over the place, further strengthening my point, that they connect EVERYTHING somehow. There should be a string theory that goes along with the plot. heh remember future Heroes little time map at the end of season 1? The actual string theory is waaaaay more complex. If I were to physically connect the plot points with string, Id have a fishing net. No... Id have a very large sheet of silk. I just came up with that, I think it's kinda funny.

But I think I will enjoy season 3. The writers strike is no more, so I feel there will be balance in the flow.

So... anyone here going to watch? Do we have anyone here who actually cares?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a full episode of heros.

I was working swing shift at the time the first season aired and after that I won't jump into a series late. same happened with the sopranos, I've never seen one episode, all because I missed the first season, and now I am way to lazy to go back and watch all those missed episodes, I actually did it with lost, watched the entire 1st season online to see what all the hub-bub was about. it's very draining to watch 20 something hours of the same show in a few days.

Wait... you guys spend money on internet, but not on a digital box? I guess it is kinda expensive, but i'm not in school yet, and I don't have a family to support, like you two.

I don't really like tv. But there are some shows I want to watch. It's just too far and few between. I liked having a DVR so I can just record anything Id like to catch when I have some free time, and it beat downloading them. But I am getting to the point, where downloading is happening more and more often. crap... do you know how much a box set of STTNG costs?!?!?!?!?!?! flock that, I'll download them. Although... Id sure like to have the box... I buy movies I really like... Like Grandmas Boy. I had the burn first, but I bought the movie just because... that and I want those guys to get paid for all the hard work they did... Even though the studio took the majority of the cash.... bastards. That is why I never feel so bad when I download something. I hate giving my money to those who have nothing to do with the acting and storyline. Sure their money was needed to start and fund the project, but they take an unfair share... they really do. Hence the writers strike. Asshats should have just bit the bullet, and paid 'em. But noooooooooooooooooo. We had to suffer many half assed seasons of all kinds of sh!t. Including Heroes. Poor bastards who were temp writers... they were in over they're heads.

I have a dvr now, but 3+ years ago times were harder, I was on netzero 56k and the cheapest directv plan.

Wait... you guys spend money on internet, but not on a digital box? I guess it is kinda expensive, but i'm not in school yet, and I don't have a family to support, like you two.

I don't really like tv. But there are some shows I want to watch. It's just too far and few between. I liked having a DVR so I can just record anything Id like to catch when I have some free time, and it beat downloading them. But I am getting to the point, where downloading is happening more and more often. crap... do you know how much a box set of STTNG costs?!?!?!?!?!?! flock that, I'll download them. Although... Id sure like to have the box... I buy movies I really like... Like Grandmas Boy. I had the burn first, but I bought the movie just because... that and I want those guys to get paid for all the hard work they did... Even though the studio took the majority of the cash.... bastards. That is why I never feel so bad when I download something. I hate giving my money to those who have nothing to do with the acting and storyline. Sure their money was needed to start and fund the project, but they take an unfair share... they really do. Hence the writers strike. Asshats should have just bit the bullet, and paid 'em. But noooooooooooooooooo. We had to suffer many half assed seasons of all kinds of sh!t. Including Heroes. Poor bastards who were temp writers... they were in over they're heads.

It doesn't cost anything but your regular monthly internet charges to watch NBC shows on nbc.com. I think they mainly do that for people who ended up missing out on the show. And watching is similar to watching anything on Youtube. No downloading.

Besides, if I didn't have class on the days it airs then I'd be watching it on TV.

4400 SUCKED!

You just have a bad taste of series.

That's it. But the bad thing about that is, there are plenty more, that have the same bad taste, more than the 4400 fans probably! :P

Same applies to "The Dead Zone"! The last episode was so great and I want to know how the story will develop, but it won't happen... sadly. Okay, the last season was the weakest of all, but why cancel a serie with a big fan base WITHOUT a f*cking end? That sucks greatly.

Well I remember when FOX canceled Firefly... I never saw it when it was on the air. But it had a fanbase, not very large, but still. The show was great, in my opinion. Fox has a habit of dropping the ball. They canceled Family guy 2 times... but people raised enough hell and brought it back.

Anyway, the writer of Firefly decided to give the fans closure, and made "Serenity" which sucked ass. He had to change the story, to make it movie like. As in they killed off someone to make it have more impact. The character development was lackluster... because it was just one movie. So you didn't have an idea how the characters interact... i.e. jokes that you wouldn't understand...

I'm just glad Heroes didn't suffer, but I'm sad that fans of "The Dead Zone" had to go through that.

I watched the first series and no more. It was just too far fetched even then, and I've heard it's only got much worse since. I can live without it. Actually what little I did watch of the 4400 (first 3 episodes), it was indeed better than Heroes. Better acting and a better premise.

I'd rather watch a great old show over and over again than stick with some mediocre crap, purely because it's new. Of the current series I only watch Dexter, CSI : Miami, The Shield and Curb Your Enthusiasm. I do watch a lot of defunct series repeatedly if they are worth it, mostly Seinfeld and Arrested Development.