Xbox 360 to be Lowest-Priced Next-Gen Video Game Console

Alpha

Still comes out more expensive then a PS3 when you buy everything afterwards. MS knows what they are doing

What bothers me about your comment (and the ones after) is that it sounds like you are upset about this in some way?

It doesn't come out more expensive than the PS3. And I'm sure MS does know what they're doing. In fact, they are trying to gain the Wii's market share.

You can always buy wired controllers if you want to drop down the cost or use rechargeable batteries for the controllers. As for the HD, you can easily get a 20GB HD for $40-$60 on eBay with shipping. I doubt most people need more than that. The only other thing may be a wireless network adapter, which can also be purchased for around $50-$70. At the same time, you can always use a wired connection or a cheap LinkSys gaming wireless router (costs around $20-$40). So in the end, it's still cheaper than the PS3, by at least $70-$100.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still comes out more expensive then a PS3 when you buy everything afterwards. MS knows what they are doing

What bothers me about your comment (and the ones after) is that it sounds like you are upset about this in some way?

It doesn't come out more expensive than the PS3. And I'm sure MS does know what they're doing. In fact, they are trying to gain the Wii's market share.

You can always buy wired controllers if you want to drop down the cost or use rechargeable batteries for the controllers. As for the HD, you can easily get a 20GB HD for $40-$60 on eBay with shipping. I doubt most people need more than that. The only other thing may be a wireless network adapter, which can also be purchased for around $50-$70. At the same time, you can always use a wired connection or a cheap LinkSys gaming wireless router (costs around $20-$40). So in the end, it's still cheaper than the PS3, by at least $70-$100.

Thank you for putting it into a better persepctive, GC. Couldn't say it any better. And a lot of the options above are optional. Wireless Network adapter is useless unless your router is too far from the TV (which i have make sure it is not so that i can have wired connection). Wired connection will definitely beat wireless anytime, anydays. 20GB HD is not big though with the upcoming Fall Update where you can install your game into HDD for faster loading.

It's a great deal either way. The price now is very competitive against the Wii so let see what Nintendo has to respond to this, something tells me Nintendo doesn't care but it would be nice to see a price drop the sooner the better.

Now that I think about it, theres a far less reason I need to spend an extra 200 dollers just for a black coat of paint, a 120gb which I really don't need so much unnecessary space. Elite also comes with an included HDMI cable? pffft.. still not a good enough to sweeten up the elite purchase since you can find one for so damn cheap online. 360 Arcade is a good deal for $200, way better than the old core console with no HD(fair enough), and no memory card (M$ you ass!), no HDMI port, no component cables, etc.

But that console is pretty much worthless without a harddrive. You can't save, you can't really use the Live! Marketplace.

Xbox Arcade $199 does come with a memory card that used to cost $40 + tax so this is a great purchase, let's not forget the extra arcade games included as well as an HDMI port which it used to be exclusive to the Xbox 360 elite. But your right on one thing, XBLM is kinda useless without a HDD.

the arcade comes with a 512mb memory card, and like GC said you can grab a 20gb harddrive on ebay for 40 bucks easy, you may need a headset and HDMI cable for another 30 bucks.

thee 60gb 360 is dropping to 299 and the elite is dropping to 399.

but it can go up to 400 which is the cheapest PS3 out right now. ALso, those normal rechargable batteries dont let you play while it charges. The PS3 Controller can go weeks and months without needing to have been charged and keep going. the Xbox 360 controller goes like 1 week and u gotta buy new ones.

I am using 4 Sony Lithium Batteries, 2 for backups and 2 for controllers. I only need to change the battery once a month, of course i didn't play long hours but a minimum of 4 hrs a day. PS3 controllers last for months without charging? That is exaggrating.

Ive Definitly gone way more then a few months without charging my PS3 controllers, and i play often.

Aside from PC gamers, who would BUY a Wired 360 controller when the charge and play kit does the same thing and is cheaper?? And yes people do need more then 20GB(Which drops down to 14GB if im not mistakin) and ive found myself constantly deleting my demos to make space for things like Map Packs and the newer XBLA games that are out(Like castle Crashers) would have me doing the same thing, i might invest in the 120GB. Not to Mention that not everyone can buy off of ebay like myself. And even with ebay, you can find a PS3 for under 300 bucks. Then you can go on and add that either Monthly or Yearly payment of Live and it still comes out more expensive.

And im not upset at all, but i got my 360 for a very cheap price and im happy with it, but now i find myself having to spend even more money on it, money i dont really have so to speak, on things like the charge n play kit and the wireless adapter; Things that shouldve came with the system.

It's a great deal either way. The price now is very competitive against the Wii so let see what Nintendo has to respond to this, something tells me Nintendo doesn't care but it would be nice to see a price drop the sooner the better.

Nintendo wont have to do jack! MS is just trying to pick up the super cheap leftovers. Its still a witch hunt to get a wii, (at least over here in FL) and and normal gaming stores are packed with 360's.

Im not sure if MS is trying to reach a certain quota and this is thier last resort or they just thought this will be a nice "ear-candy" for those who want the super-cool 360 for a much cheaper price.

All-in-all.... Nintendo coulda read this announcement in a newspaper and then threw it out after breakfast without a second thought about MS.

And u think Nin will go cheaper than 250!?!?!?!??! Come on....

Edited by Shoma

Aside from PC gamers, who would BUY a Wired 360 controller when the charge and play kit does the same thing and is cheaper??

Cheap people who want more controllers regardless. Which there are an abundence of. If you already own a wireless controller, grab the kit, if you want another controller, grab the wired controller unless you wanna burn some cash on a Wireless and a kit. Or just outright buy the wireless controller and supply your own rechargables (Best idea here, works for me, LSD and millions of other users. Even the ones who still own walkmans.)

39.99 + 17.99 Wireless Controller + Kit vs 29.99 Wired Controller. Guess which one is cheaper?