Sega Reveals Wii Exclusive The House Of The Dead

JKKDARK

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19909

Sega of America and Sega Europe reveal The House of the Dead: Overkill as a new Wii exclusive. It's been under wraps at UK studio Headstrong Games (previously Kuju London).

Sega has already enjoyed success with ports of coin-op light gun game Ghost Squad and compilation The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return on the Wii.

The new game will be the company’s first original light gun-style title for the console, however, and the first mainline The House of the Dead game not to debut in arcades.

Previously created by in-house teams at Sega Japan, it represents a further example of Japanese publishers turning to Western developers for both new and established franchises - a trend which Sega has helped to pioneer.

The new game will be released in early 2009, with the new trailer and box art appearing to favor a grindhouse-style pastiche. The game is billed as a prequel to the existing titles and is set in small-town Louisiana.

“Paying homage to the pulp horror comics and films that inspired generations of gore fans, The House of the Dead: Overkill will expose gamers to a brand-new fleshy rollercoaster ride of revolting dismemberment,” said Gary Knight, European marketing director at Sega Europe. “This is the hardcore Wii title you’ve been waiting for.”

the trailer is pretty damn funny, with the 70's horror movie vibe.

I would definetely buy this but they have to figure out a way to make that gay ass sensor work better in the game.

I bought hod2/3 for the wii and i have the nyco gun, after calibrating and everything i still have to physically adjust myself depending on how i'm sitting near the screen just to play correctly

I dont think its that great when they rip the style/idea off so specifically from a film to help promote a game,when its not licensed. It doesn't help that the original pastiche in Planet Terror felt like they were trying too hard, or that the joke wore thin before they were even half-way into the film.

I dont think its that great when they rip the style/idea off so specifically from a film to help promote a game,when its not licensed. It doesn't help that the original pastiche in Planet Terror felt like they were trying too hard, or that the joke wore thin before they were even half-way into the film.

they aren't really ripping off planes terror, Planet Terror and HotD are ripping off a whole era of b-movies.