New capcom vs series coming supposedly!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played T6 but I don't think tekken and virtua fighter can really be compared. it's like comparing WWE to Olympic wrestling. one thing I've always liked about tekken is the control system though. it just makes sense to have a limb assigned to a single button.

I haven't played T6 but I don't think tekken and virtua fighter can really be compared. it's like comparing WWE to Olympic wrestling. one thing I've always liked about tekken is the control system though. it just makes sense to have a limb assigned to a single button.

The VF fan boys will come back to you and said that what can be done with one button in VF need two buttons in Tekken = failz :P

I hear so many arguments online, whish there was a side by side comparison between VF5 and T6.

Wait till BK get a PS3 :P

It won't be a fair comparison. VF5 looked a lot better when it came to the 360. No doubt Tekken 6 will look better on the PS3 when it gets released too. The console hardware is a lot better than the arcade systems the games run on.

The console hardware is a lot better than the arcade systems the games run on.

You know that is so strange sounding to me. we spent all those console generations behind arcade machines, always praying for "arcade perfect" conversions. consoles have come such a long way, while arcade hardware has really stagnated.

Well, arcade hardware is costly to produce, fa more so that home consoles, and the hardware naturally requires arcade centers willing to buy them as well as gamers.

Gamers these days have largely moved into the conform of their own homes and gaming consoles, leaving arcade hardware manufacturers and arcade centers in a tight spot business-wise.

I hear so many arguments online, whish there was a side by side comparison between VF5 and T6.

Wait till BK get a PS3 :huh:

...even then we have no idea when Tekken 6 will be coming to the PS3! I googled for the release date of the PS3 version of Tekken 6 and I got everything from the last day of this year to late February! :P

Well, Tekken 6 is going through it's testing phase. Namco sorta shot themselves in the foot when they released T5 then the updates. They are the type of company that wants to get it right the first time. Just wait until after Tougeki. Tiers will change completely after that and will be properly adjusted for the next update.

No, that isn't quite true; those two games have more similarities than WWE does to Olympic wrestling! First of all they are both 3D fighters, secondly they both started their series in the early '90s and finally they both have almost the same number of buttons. Both game series are also considered by far the most popular 3D fighting series in the genre.

Yes, that is a common strength pointed out by Tekken fans but Virtua Fighter fanboys also like to point out it doesn't make sense to have auto-block in a fighting game. :P

• 2 weeks later...