Haze runs at 1024x576

Free Radical’s creative lead, Derek Littlewood, has confirmed that Haze runs at 1024x576. "We prioritise a nice smooth framerate over a different res. Personally, I don’t really buy the whole thing. People did the same with Call of Duty, they did the same with Halo, and they say with those games ‘It’s not running at true HD!’ And it’s like, I don’t care. If the game looks good and it runs smoothly, those are the important things to me." said Derek.

This is pathetic. First off, we're in the HD generation. That is why so many people forked out for consoles, HDMI cables and full-HD TV sets.

Second, this is Haze on the PlayStation 3. This is the game that was meant to use all those 8 or so processing units and get the bleeding edge performance out of the machine. This is the machine that vaunted all games at 1080p, as compared with the 360's 720p / not true-HD resolution.

Finally, 1024x576? There are barely more pixels than SD PAL has. 1024x756 has been the baseline resolution for PC games for a while, and the PS3 can't even manage that? It's not true-HD, but its not even close either! Sure this is the case with something like CoD4, but all console versions of that run at a constant 60fps, which well-specced PCs struggle for.

Whatever, I'm sick of wild claims and them not being lived up to. This goes for Sony and Microsoft. I've always been an advocate of framerate over resolution, but this is really sad. High Definition was the big draw for games this time round. How dare anyone in the industry have the gall to turn around and say 'Personally, I don’t really buy the whole thing.' That is a copout, a complete 180 and a very poor excuse for poor hardware design, lack of optimising on the development end, and a bunch of lazy SOBs lying through their teeth. I am annoyed.

Not that I gave half a damn about Haze...

Source: Maxconsole.

I shoot my own team on co-op mission in the back and watch them tweak and die. They never see it coming. Muahahahaha

Enemy teammate spotted! Kerpow!

I totally saw a banner ad for this game, but it didn't make any sense at all, so I ignored it. That's all I've seen or heard of Haze.

I thought Haze was canceled months ago.

but about the res... I don't see much difference

The res is 589824 pixels. 720p is 921600, and 1080p is 2073600.

Basically it is running at roughly half the number of pixels as a true 720p game, and a quarter of the number of a 1080p one.

But that is all just number crunching- as Drake said it does look like a PS2 game.

Can anyone say "LOL HYPE MACHINE" ?

SDF can suck my nuts, the game sucks and it was pretty much one of the most anticpated game for the PS3.