Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan O'Brien in 2009!

Alpha

Late Night Falls for Fallon

By Gina Serpe Fri Apr 25, 1:26 AM PDT

How's this for a weekend update: Jimmy Fallon's succession of Conan O'Brien's late-night throne looks to be a done deal.

conanfallondx0.jpg

(Left: Conan O'Brien, Right: Jimmy Fallon)

While Fallon has been the front-runner (and pretty much the only one—apologies, Carson Daly) to succeed the flame-haired funnyman in the post-Tonight Show slot come 2009, NBC has stayed mum on who O'Brien's late-night heir-apparent would be.

But while the Peacock remains gagged, both the Hollywood Reporter and Variety are reporting that Fallon has already signed on the dotted line. The network itself has yet to comment and will likely wait to confirm the news at their upfront presentation in New York May 12.

As he did with O'Brien, Fallon's former Saturday Night Live boss Lorne Michaels will produce his newest protege's late-night show.

Fallon isn't a complete neophyte, having served as guest host for CBS' Late Show with David Letterman back in 2003.

The switch is expected to take place in early 2009, when O'Brien will take over Tonight for a reluctantly departing Jay Leno.

Source: http://tv.yahoo.com/late-night-with-conan-obrien/show/31644

The man who made you laugh on SNL and laughed himself during the skits is going to replace Conan O'Brien in 2009! This was the last guy I ever thought would take his place. In 2009, Conan O'Brien will also replace Jay Leno.

We'll see how he does in the Nielsen Ratings, before I count him as a permanent replacement. :jawshocker:

Fallon is a great choice after seeing him do the guest spot on Late Show. Now, when do we expect O'Brien to take over Leno's spot? I heard Leno wanted to do a year or 2 more.

I'll be following Conan to the tonight show. Fallon is meh, I don't wanna say he sucks, he has made me laugh in the past. but I have always been a conan fan.

I loved Conan's show when it was during the Writer's Strike. A lot of great material he thought up of.

Conan is great. He has an amazing amazing wit. So does Letterman but it's the other aspects of Letterman's show (like Paul and the Will It Float? and the announcer guy and audience quiz) that makes me not want to watch it.

Conan is great. He has an amazing amazing wit. So does Letterman but it's the other aspects of Letterman's show (like Paul and the Will It Float? and the announcer guy and audience quiz) that makes me not want to watch it.

after the monologe and top 10 list, there isn't much worth watching on lettermen in recent years.

Jimmy Fallon sucks.

I agree 100% Fallon is no where near the talent of Conan. He will be the fallen solider of the show wait and see. As far as Conan taking the place of Leno...hmmm this could be a good thing... was never a big Leno fan and I think he is overrated.