I still can't believe it's the year 2008!

Alpha

I still remember when I went to a popular department store and they had an escalator to bring up the carts to to the second floor. I told one of my friends who was with me, "Welcome to the year 2007!"

Today, I was at a big electronic store (something like Best Buy) and I was staring at one of the brand new big LCD screens, which was playing a Blu-Ray promotional disc. The promotional video was telling me, "Welcome to the future of movies" and it shows clips of all the top movies of the last 2-3 years. I was probably staring at the screen for a good 2 minutes. The picture quality was absolutely amazing and crystal clear. I haven't been a fan of the entire high definition craze, but I might just have to upgrade. However, I still believe DVD is still the #1 medium IMO, and if it were me, VHS would still be #2.

It also got to me that I'm stuck in the past. I remember watching a VHS movie I rented (yes, some rental stores still have VHS movies) and it had a trailer for DVD in 1997, which was almost identical to the Blu-Ray trailer I saw.

It was a very creepy experience watching that Blu-Ray promotional video. Sounds cheesy, but it felt like someone threw me in a time machine and left me at an electronic store 10 years later. I was reminded of the movie Time Machine and Minority Report.

Time is flying ... I got to hang on dammit. :ph34r:

I can't believe it's 08, but for a lot of different reasons...

Turning 18

Graduating

Taking Responsibilitie for the first time in my life

It's weird....

It's very weird... even weirder that 1Emulation started back in 2002 as "EmulForums". This is our 6th year. Think if a baby was born in 2002 and now that baby has entered the first grade at the age of 6. I can't believe 1Emulation is still here and hopefully we'll still be cooking in 2012. But in the end, it mostly depends on you guys keeping this place on its feet.

Oh and I'm sorry if I got anyone depressed with my analogy. :ph34r:

dude I was 14 when I joined 1emu... lol!

The test of time has really puzzled me these last few years. So many sites have come and gone, but we're still here! There are sites that I've previously mentioned in which I thought would be active for the next 20 years, but are barely alive now. The Internet got good in 1998 IMO, and it got great from 1999. What we got to do is take what we have and expand even greater.

Perhaps this is what the next step is all about. :ph34r:

I've never felt a sense of this site being shutdown, and probably never will....

Even when I took my few leaves I knew in the back of my head if I ever wanted back you'd guys still be here.

I'm still getting used to this skin! Can't wait for the new one :ph34r:

I joined 1emulation in November of 2003. I always wanted to be regular here but kept leaving things off until now and I just realized it's over 4 years later that I returned and I'm here as a regular. Time never stops...

Edited by Tynvar

I joined 1emulation in November of 2003. I always wanted to be regular here but kept leaving things off until now and I just realized it's over 4 years later that I returned and I'm here as a regular. Time never stops...

I'm very glad to see you active here. In the back of mind, I always hoped to see many of the folks from Havoc one day posting here as well. A few guys I'd like to see here are Esco, Dpsx7 (this guy seems like one smart cookie), Madwon, and a few others. Of course, we have a lot of great characters already on 1Emulation.

No one can reject new blood though. :ph34r:

I'm very glad to see you active here. In the back of mind, I always hoped to see many of the folks from Havoc one day posting here as well. A few guys I'd like to see here are Esco, Dpsx7 (this guy seems like one smart cookie), Madwon, and a few others. Of course, we have a lot of great characters already on 1Emulation.

No one can reject new blood though. :P

Thanks, I feel welcome now :ph34r: