games that arent emulated on xbox!

fumanchu

seeing as my thread yesterday got deleted coz of the forum crash,then i thought id start a new one.

what arcade games would you like to see emulated on the xbox.

i would like to see raiden fighters and riaden fighters jet.

raiden fighters 2(2000)is emulated but thats a chinese bootleg and dosent eat up the ram like the other 2 games do.

so whats yours?

Edited by fumanchu

Games like Tekken.

if only the xbox had the horsepower. :P

another game i would like to play but plays way to slow is sengeki strikers.but it runs on the sega stv board and is WAY to slow.

Well maybe via pcxs you can play Tekken.

I want to see DC/Saturn emulated before everyone says it can't be done just look at the PC what are you gonna get out of a Xbox.

Awhile back two devs at xbox scene got a DC emu working that played limited selection of Saturn games. They pulled the project for their own reasons but I was hoping they would release source to other devs if they decided not to pursue this project again.

Games like Tekken.

if only the xbox had the horsepower. :P

another game i would like to play but plays way to slow is sengeki strikers.but it runs on the sega stv board and is WAY to slow.

Well, Tekken 1 to 3 and TTT seem very fesible. Make the crappy soundtrack sound samples smaller and you could do it. Since their the PSX builds anyways, and TTT uses the arcade one.

I thought Tekken ran on PSX hardware anyway, I mean the arcade versions? It is too much strain on the Xbox due to the way Mame works, 3D is just too intensive. Even 2D games with 3D rendered sprites struggle to run at full speed. Basically any of the Taitogfx/PSX stuff is a no go.

All those PSX-based games struggle on the Xbox because of the heavy use of polygons eg. Battle Arena Toshinden, Brave Blade, Ergheiz, Rival Schools, Soul Calibur.

The likes of RF and RF Jet I would like to see added too but they weren't even added until a later Mame core like .88 or something. If anything I'd like to see some games that have had sound added or gfx/bug fixes updated rather than trying to add unrealistic games.

Of course a port of a much newer Mame core would be ideal (now who's being unrealistic) :P

i spose totally within the hardware capabilities of the xbox, and one of my top all time games:

Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now on the pc

the first true sandpit game. although all you could do was smash cars and run over peds ;)

Cunning Stunt bonus :P

viper phase1 thats another i want to play.

i should try mame on the pc,but i just prefer playing mame on the xbox.just so easy to set up and good gui screens with good options.

do most of you guys use mame on the pc as well?

Edited by fumanchu