new games/new games with sound disabled.

fumanchu

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry I wont disscuss this any more RX I remember all that happened and I always knew the results of what you said... you reap the rewards of your fruit. There is a cause and effect in nature and I let you have all your say but kept a mental note for wether it was truely worth helping you and really it wasnt even close.

I remember stuff like I dont need help.....I dont have repect for your coding its party tricks....I have it wrong......about me personally and I stand by what I said you should as well and prove me wrong I want to see it happen personally

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

The way I see it, you really don't have an option and you have to release the source.

From http://mamedev.org/license.html

Copyright © 1997-2007, Nicola Salmoria and the MAME team

All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use of this code or any derivative works are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

Redistributions may not be sold, nor may they be used in a commercial product or activity.

Redistributions that are modified from the original source must include the complete source code, including the source code for all components used by a binary built from the modified sources. However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the executable.

Redistributions must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

This means the entire source to the build, not just the parts that you pick and chose to leave in like before.

Of course, you can always disregard the wishes of the people who originally developed the emulator you're borrowing.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you are violating the terms of use and you are denying me the ability to do what you have done with MAME from the start, which is to build on something which was already created and improve upon it the way you see fit.

Always remember that you were the first one to insult me on IM several times before I told you to take a hike, and I will not refrain from posting those conversations here for everyone to see how this really started if you persist in saying that I'm the bad guy here and that I'm to blame for this.

I would also like to say that I would discuss this with you in PMs, but you chose to ignore my PMs so I have no choice but to bring it public.

All I want is the source, and the entire source this time, and without any sabotage in it either. I don't see what the big deal is. You will be following MAMEdev's policy then, and I will never bother you again. I can figure this out on my own and learn from your changes once source is provided. I will not ask you any more questions if the source is provided when you finish CoinOPS 2, or whatever you're calling it. I will still have to make most of the adjustments in code myself as I've already invested about 100 hours changing source code myself and I'm not about to abandon my own work even if you do the right thing and provide the complete source.

As per your wishes, anything that comes out of it will not have your name associated in any way.

Regards,

~Rx

bull the full mamexbe is released to you and I havent altered it... launching code has nothing to do with the mame code and is a totally separate source. And I dont care anyways you where no fun to work with so yes its totally personal get over it.

I know you truely believe you are going about getting your way the correct way but I still say its basic cause and effect and im the arshole that you helped to mold

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

bull the full mamexbe is released to you and I havent altered it... launching code has nothing to do with the mame code and is a totally separate source. And I dont care anyways you where no fun to work with so yes its totally personal get over it.

I know it's totally personal on your end. You were abrasive and abusive from the beginning. I'm truly sorry that I didn't get on my knees and call you Master, but I don't work that way. I think your idea of working with somebody who is "fun to work with" is sombody who is completely submissive and does whatever they are told and enjoys being insulted. Sorry for not being fun.

That's a real shame you feel that your entire code isn't included under the terms of service. Where would you be, or any of us for that matter, had the MAMEdev team decided never to release MAME source to the public and to hoarde it to themselves? You are reading that wrong, and because your build uses original MAME source, you are obligated by license to provide that source upon build release. It's probably a completely un-enforceable license, but if you had any honor, you would release the full source.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME

Also, redistributions of modified versions (derivative works) must include the complete corresponding source code (similar to a copyleft).

There exist, however, a number of derivative versions that violate the license by not releasing the full and complete source code, including multiplayer builds that support the Kaillera server protocol, or others that add newer games.

Regards,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

Take care RX the source is out to some just trying for you personally to not have it...also I have just added new locks to the new build, no one else will tell but you will im sure, see a bit of a diff. Im sure you will be able to get around it...its a new challenge id put money on it you dont get around it......cause and effect yet again I left you alone completely on the last one

full source was released which is why people like HK were where they got to and by the way what he did was really good...hes a top coder.

Ok those 2 games Wuju I say no to both sorry, one doesnt run right and the other is in japanese and not really realivant ive renamed the games for you to add and look consistant.

The new game thread is over for me.....peace

According to the license the complete source, including any other part of the build which is used in conjunction with MAME itself must be distributed with the usable build, or at least be publically available, just as most are availabe in the usual place alongside the emulator.

As for the locks, I'm sure that is against the license and that is just plain childish. You are personally handicapping anyone who would want to take what you've done and improve upon it. Again, this is something that we're all glad the MAMEdev team did not do, or we wouldn't even be able to play MAME on the XBox.

For the record, full source under the license includes the MAMEox Launcher source, which you failed to provide me when you gave me the source last time. i had to take the MAMEox Launcher source from HK's last build and the source he provided in the usual place (following MAMEdev license) and this has been the reason I've had some problems that I shouldn't have to figure out for myself, because they are out of sync.

You are handicapping future development of MAME on the XBox for all coders future and present by playing games and letting your personal grudges manipulate the way you carry on.

Perhaps somebody should add BritneysPAIRS CoinOps, Platinum II and Arcades to the list of MAME derivative versions that violate the license by not releasing the full and complete source code on Wikipedia.

Regards,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

I say add it to the list..... I dont think HK source is out so hey add it to the list as well...

Wrong.... That's where I got the MAMEox Launcher source from.

Shame on you for violating license and handicapping everyone else who would like to take this project further.

No honor at all.

Regards,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx