Anyone play FFXI?

I'm having problems with my FFXI i got my play online setup and i put in the ID's for FFXI's 3 expansions but i cant find the place to put my FFXi one in... or my tetra master one in.. it tells me i have to buy some... why would it ask me to buy some if i already have them that came with the game?

You have to put in the unlock codes (given to you in the back of the instruction manual) into your PlayOnline account. Aside that, you have to pay about $15 a month (starting after the 2nd month the first month is free) for FFXI,and for tetra master about $10.

I played a year ago for about 4 months, it's real fun if you can keep up, I suggest you try to join a new server where EVERYONE is low lvl.

And exploit the living hell out of the auction house or you'll go nowhere.

I use to play it for about a year after it's release into the states. Everyone I played with vanished and no one liked partying with a THF at the time so I gave up.

I went cold turkey with the game. My mom canceled my account and my sister's at the same time. At the height getting phat loot too.

I used to play WoW. Good thing I stopped. Now waiting for GW2 ;)

Your playing with me and my friends then, still playing GW1 hard and strong :)!!!!

You'll have the privilage of playing with a pro :P.

I'd have been playing FFXI back when it came out if, upon recieving the PS2 box as a present, I had discovered something other than a VISA requirement for account creation. I was perfectly happy to pay via debit, but the little VISA icon on a BofA card means nothing online.

I'd still like to play it sometime, maybe once ProjectXI finishes so I can tag onto a free server. I hear that while most MMOs have 1-3 major storylines, FFXI has a total of 9 truly epic storylines.

On an unrelated tangent, what's GW?