King of Fighters XII AOU`08 Trailer

Wizard

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KoF was never second fiddle, people are just too limited to see that. Street Fighter is for those who like repetitive, patterned gameplay with satisfaction coming mainly from that extra half a second you managed to shave off your sonic boom spam rotation. KoF has always been better and now it's going to be the best. Street Fighter 4 is trying to be an updated SF2, with characters looking like steroid freaks, and ugly 3Dness. And you know what's funny? SF2 HD will most likely be better then SF4...

KoF was never second fiddle, people are just too limited to see that. Street Fighter is for those who like repetitive, patterned gameplay with satisfaction coming mainly from that extra half a second you managed to shave off your sonic boom spam rotation. KoF has always been better and now it's going to be the best. Street Fighter 4 is trying to be an updated SF2, with characters looking like steroid freaks, and ugly 3Dness. And you know what's funny? SF2 HD will most likely be better then SF4...
You know what's also funny, the only reason KOF12 is being made is because they actually made money off the sloppy 3D games they made. And who says KOF doesn't have repetitve, patterned gameplay. You play for fun but when the pros (a.k.a. the chinese) play it's a completely different game. And yes, the game also has tiers. 98 had Kyo, Goro, Chizuru, Iori as top AND on top of that, everyone plays Advance mode. 2k2 had Choi, Athena and Billy as SS tier. With first or second slot with a character who can do well without using any sort or building meter. Then you have 2k3, which had Duo-Lon as god tier with his infinity, K`, Daimon and surprisingly Ash. Oh oh, and then came KOF11! Gato, Oswald, Kula, with anyone of them as Leader, happens to be the best team in the game. Also, SNK hasn't taken the time until KOF98UM to fully test a game. How many bugs were there in 97, 98, 99, 2k, 2k1, 2k2, 2k3 and 11? Tons, with 99, 2k, 2k1, 2k3 and 11 fixing them for their console ports. Which I might add, wasn't well recieved by the hardcore KOF community.

Anyone could tell you SF4 is trying to be an SF2 just by looking at it, but until you take some time to notice all the changes they made from watching the vids, it's not. I wrote it off until I saw vids, while I still hold my cautious mind with it. Gameplay looks solid for something thats about 50-60% done. And how would you play SFIISTHDRemix? It's going to be the same game as Super Turbo but with more balance changes. Same game, different numerical values.

What resolution is it actually?
Master Wizard said 720p
The last I heard was, while it is high res, it isn't HD. It's in 16:9 and I'm assuming it's in 720p because of the arcade hardware it runs on.

Fact: Even though SStenka had both an Original (Arcade) and Arranged (Rebalanced) modes, the game still had several bugs, some of which were game stopping. Which drew the irk of many fans.

Fact: When KOFXI was released on consoles, it also had both an Original and Arranged mode, but once again, suffered from bugs. While it had less bugs in the Japanese version, the Euro and American version suffer from bad, bad slow downs.

Fact: When KOFXI was released on consoles, it also had both an Original and Arranged mode, but once again, suffered from bugs. While it had less bugs in the Japanese version, the Euro and American version suffer from bad, bad slow downs.

I can confirm the bugs in KOFXI in PAL mode especially. First off, since the game has black borders in PAL mode, the lower black bar is bright blue. Second, the game is indeed horribly slow. Third, there are SERIOUS graphics corruption problems in many stages. And finally, the game shows you a black screen after the end credits, and output a "selection" sound when you press a button. After this, the Game Over screen is presented.

Considering the amount of inexcusable bugs in the PAL KOFXI, I'm returning my copy back to the store. It is also inexcusable how Ignition Entertainment greenlighted such a broken port. It's as if they have never heard of quality control.