The Truth about RRODs

BlackKnight

That maybe the case, seeing as the PS3 has upgradeable firmware itself, but as of right now it is out of date. And either way it still loads games like ass compared to the 360, ProStreet being the most painful game I've seen load on the machine, as compared to the 360 version.

You mean horrendous load times?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my brother has a ps3 and any time i even say that some of the ps3 games are just ports of the 360,he just starts moaning and complaining saying there is a big difference between the 2 machines,you know what i mean the ps3 is the best better graphics......blah...blah

in terms of specs what is the main difference between the 2 machines and do you think that in a year or two we will see the ps3 with the better graphics,seeing as the developers are still getting used to the ps3 hardware?

my brother has a ps3 and any time i even say that some of the ps3 games are just ports of the 360,he just starts moaning and complaining saying there is a big difference between the 2 machines,you know what i mean the ps3 is the best better graphics......blah...blah

in terms of specs what is the main difference between the 2 machines and do you think that in a year or two we will see the ps3 with the better graphics,seeing as the developers are still getting used to the ps3 hardware?

Great question indeed, maybe you should open up a new topic for this?

I have been researching all sorts of opinions all over the internet.

It's pretty simple. They both do graphical rendering differently. That's pretty much it.

so in terms of power under the hood what are we saying not much difference or what?

To the core, their both basically the same type of chip, a PowerPC IBM chip. Both are set use a different set of instructions to accomplish what needs to be done, both aren't as close to a normal PC processor (unless it's an Apple, to which a 360 would be as close too it's G4 I believe (not sure on it, could be Pre-Intel G5s)). The 360's processor simply just allows the processing of it's instructions to be straight forward and messy (not in the bad way of being just bad coding, but rather, it can be all over the place and still be read by it's 3 cores) compared to Cell (to which it has separate instructions per core for different things, which most developers don't like. One core for sound, the other for handling AI instructions, another for paths etc etc). It is said that it's more difficult to develop for the PS3 because of the way Cell architecture (each core serving a different purpose).

In theory, if one would take the full poweress of Cell, it would be a hell of a processor. Not supercomputer level, but pretty damn decent. Remember the PS3 only has a selection of cores available while 3 are locked.