The Truth about RRODs

BlackKnight

The towel trick makes the 360 hotter and doesn't "resolder" per-se, but rather makes the conductors expand enough for contact, I wouldn't recommend the towel trick as it can seriously end up overheating your whole box.

yeah I couldn't think of the correct way to describe what the towel trick does. I wouldn't recommend it either, unless you were planning on returning the box to MS and just wanted to get through until a coffin arrives. I did the penny fix over 6 months ago and have had zero problems since.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pro comes with a harddrive. arcade comes with a memory unit. the arcade is about 70 bucks cheaper. I would go for the pro though. it's not the same experiance without a Harddrive.

So what 360 should I buy that would be the least at risk of causing these hemoRRODs?

Any Pro or Arcade that has a HDMI port. It will say so on the box.

If I recall, all 360s after a certain date started sporting the HDMI port, it's all a matter of looking at the box. Seriously, look at the box.

So what 360 should I buy that would be the least at risk of causing these hemoRRODs?

Any Pro or Arcade that has a HDMI port. It will say so on the box.

If I recall, all 360s after a certain date started sporting the HDMI port, it's all a matter of looking at the box. Seriously, look at the box.

But yeah, I mean, is it really worth it compared to PS3? It just feels like such a cheapass milkage that you have to pay for the online service, and for PS3 you don't. Plus with PS3 I get a blu-ray drive. On the other hand, no backwards compatibility with PS2 or PS1, so that's a gigantic disadvantage in my book. Is 360 backwards compatible? And which of them are piratable?

get a 360 with the new falcon board you will know if the 360 you buy has a falcon as underneath the box there should be a small sticker saying 175w(something like that)on the output label.a lot of people have said in the xbox scene forum that the heat issue is a lot less than before and that they feel more confident with this new board.

But yeah, I mean, is it really worth it compared to PS3? It just feels like such a cheapass milkage that you have to pay for the online service, and for PS3 you don't. Plus with PS3 I get a blu-ray drive. On the other hand, no backwards compatibility with PS2 or PS1, so that's a gigantic disadvantage in my book. Is 360 backwards compatible? And which of them are piratable?

Absolutely. It is still roughly half the price of the PS3 for a system which has more, and for now, better games. The online thing isn't a problem- PS3's online offering is a sham compared to Live. The Blu-ray drive is also not that big a deal- its a 1x drive with the outdated BD spec- loading for most games is a biatch on the PS3. Finally yeh any 360 with a HDD is backwards compatible. All of them are piratable- you just need to dismantle the unit and do some firmware flashing.

I've been hearing (and reading) the exact opposite, that the Blu-Ray drive in the PS3 is definitely the one that's not going to be out-of-spec (or whatever you call it), but the other Blu-Ray players will.

I'm really not versed enough in this tech stuff to actually care about HD movies and all that, or what is going be "out-of spec" and what's going to win or whatever, so I'll just stop now.

That maybe the case, seeing as the PS3 has upgradeable firmware itself, but as of right now it is out of date. And either way it still loads games like ass compared to the 360, ProStreet being the most painful game I've seen load on the machine, as compared to the 360 version.