is xbox live wonky for anyone else

Inky

yesterday morning I was on live and it was going all slow (the dashboard stuff not in game)

like taking a really long time to load menus and the ads and stuff. Just wondering if it is my connection, my box or if anyone else was having troubles yesterday.

This has been happening since before Christmas. Live has had its problems- although the status page at xbox.com was updated to say the issues had been resolved, Major Nelson says there are still bugs to be fixed.

So you're not alone- it's just going to be a matter of waiting for a fix though. You're better off than I was when I couldn't sign in at all for some days.

yeah yesterday was the first day I had played xbox for about a week so I missed the worst of it it seems.

You may have noticed that the LIVE service has been having a few issues over the past few days. This includes things like signing in, matchmaking and account recovery. Not everyone has had problems, but I know some of you have and I wanted to give you and update. While the service was never completely offline, problems like this are not acceptable. The entire LIVE team has been working day and night to ensure that you can have a great LIVE experience. While we’re not done yet, I wanted to let you know that things are getting better each hour and that no one on the team is going anywhere until the job is done. Thanks for your patience.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/12...px?PageIndex=14

• 1 month later...

flock. I have tried the Live now. Playing VF5 is fine but a lot of people is refusing to play with me?!?

Anyway, something wrong with Live, for some reasons, when I tried to access the Marketplace, it just show that i am signing in but it just keep on loading. Really dun know whether it is due to my internet (which should not be slow since i can access net and download just fine) or XBOX live just sucks. I am now contemplating selling my X360 and just get a PS3 ;)

Hmm how are you connected? Via a normal router or straight from a modem? To get a good connection you need to open some ports to the 360, or just put its IP in the DMZ.

Either way it shouldn't be wonky... in either case if this is bad for you that gayass PSN will be worse. So don't buy a PS3!