The Hobbit: The Movie; Executively Produced by The Peter Jackson

Gryph

Question is... who's gonna play Bilbo? It certainly isn't going to be Ian Holm, he's too old for this timeline. I'm sure Andy Serkis is in talks to reprise his role as Smeagol when he was more Hobbit.

im worried about the proposed sequel...since it is a non-Tolkien piece, it might lack the amazing storys of the LotR trilogy and the Hobbit...

I highly doubt it will be a non Tolkien piece. Have you read The Silmarillion? Theres alot of stories in it (Most finished, others not or finished by his son) that piece together past history in the Middle Earth timeline, as well as things inbetween books. I'm sure some will be taken from it, to be put to use in this sequelprequel between The Hobbit and LOTR.

I guess sometimes I am just not a big enough nerd...........

I have zero interest in this. Anime, Final Fantasy, Star Wars, Star Trek, and LotR does nothing for me. thinking about it makes me itch.....

I thought that the trilogy was sequel enough. I don't think they should/need to make some weird ass movie that is only out there to explain what's going on to those idiots who don't already understand. It's as simple as day: Bilbo goes out, explores some, comes across some trolls, then comes across some monster thing that uses a ring that makes himself invisible so he can catch food, then Bilbo gets the ring, theres some dragon killing, etc...(I am not too sure about the order there....it's been a long time) either way....how does that not explain anything that happens in the trilogy? It explains how Bilbo gets the ring, it explains Gandalph. It even shows, I think it's the second one, the trolls that are turned to stone that Bilbo came across. I think it's silly that they'd have to make a movie that's a sequel to The Hobbit that isn't the trilogy that's already out. Some people just need to learn how to read and/or stop being greedy.