xbox 360 fall update is live

Inky

some info HERE

Been playing with it for about 45 minutes. new navigation is cool. I'm not sure I like how many clicks it takes to get to your arcade. maybe I am missing something, it's late.

DIVX/XVID SUPPORT!!! works nice with test vids I played. doesn't work in MCE. I set up WMP to share and that works fine. finally I can get rid of tversity and transcode360. :P

friends of friends is interesting but I don't think I'll use it much.

Xbox Originals could shape up to be very cool if they bring over the right stuff. as of now I've played everything on the list so I'm not gonna bother. Psychonauts is cool for those who missed it. Bring me MVC2, CvS2, GGXX:R & SF:Anniversary then we'll talk.

Inside Xbox could be cool if they put the right content up there.

Been waiting SO long for DivX support on 360, I heard the PS3 is getting it too. See now if they would do more stuff like this there would be less reasons to mod :(

So anyway i'm going to try it again when I get home, But i've never been able to get anything streamed to my 360 properly, probably because it won't let you enter anything manually which is total garbage. My PC can see the 360 fine, but my 360 refuses to see my PC, They are both connected to a WRT54GS router running in client mode on DD-WRT (Everything plugged into it gets an IP address, internet is received through the wireless) WTF is the deal here? Is it because my PC is goofy and has two ethernet connections at once? I can FTP to the Xbox fine which is plugged in the same way, hell even two modded xbox's plugged into the router have no problem automatically detecting each other >_<

Xbox Originals could shape up to be very cool if they bring over the right stuff. as of now I've played everything on the list so I'm not gonna bother. Psychonauts is cool for those who missed it. Bring me MVC2, CvS2, GGXX:R & SF:Anniversary then we'll talk.

Inside Xbox could be cool if they put the right content up there.

SFAnniversary is already backwards compatible!

Marvel, Capcom, EA Games triangle issue araise.

Same applies to CvS2 with Capcom and SNK.

No body plays #r anymore :V

Is anyone else having troubles after the update? My 360 is slow as crap now and freezes a lot >_<

Exactly the opposite. Mine runs faster both in the dashboard and in games. Eg when I used to pull up the dash for achievements or chat in games before it would lag and screen-tear a bit... not its all smooth.

hey black knight. I didn't realise that was your gametag and denied the friend request. shoot me another one Or I'll send you one next time I'm on.

Well I think I figured out what the issue is. It makes sense too after looking at it more closely. I read this mostly on the official Xbox forums. Everything is indeed faster/smoother, EXCEPT anything that requires a connection to Live.

My 360 is acting goofy when I bring up my friends list during a game/check a message/mess around on the marketplace/etc. Well apparently MS is trying to roll out updates like they usually do but this time without shutting down Live for 24 hours. (Server updates and console updates at the same time with a new untested rollout method? Whatever MS if thats what you feel like dealing with) and this is causing live to act like this. Apparently updates are done by small regions and I'm lucky enough to be in the region currently being updated, so by tomorrow or something everything should be fine.

Have fun when the updates start in your region! haha its seriously terrible, sometimes when I go somewhere on the marketplace it will just sit there with that 360 with the dots around it loading icon thing until I get too pissed and stop it. Definitely latency issues and not the system itself. Which is weird because online gameplay is still fine according to my brother (I haven't tried it yet) xbox.com is acting weird in certain places too.