arcades!

fumanchu

what do you think is the main reason for them dying?

home consoles getting more powerful than the actual arcade hardware?

or because the market became so saturated with the same old games ie fighting games!

i really just think a lot of originality and innovative ideas are not there any more.

Easily is that the home market is on par or better then arcade hardware (only one or two arcade boards currently are better then home consoles, Sega's Lindbrugh is one of them for sure). Back in 92, you had the SNES/GEN ports and then the much crisp, perfect sounding and looking arcade version.

This all started when the Dreamcast came out, since it shared nearly the same specs as it's arcade counter part, the NAOMI. It was undoubtably the most arcade-perfect machine at the time. Soul Calibur is the main attraction. As it was perfect to the arcade in quality, and added a bit of bonus features. System 256 is based on Playstation 2 hardware, but has more RAM and GPU power compared the PS2, which leads itself to decent 3D/lukewarm 2D ports on the PS2.

If there's one reason to go back to arcades is the play fighters TBH. It's the only place where you can get good (beyond online play). But the mentality is, why go to the arcade if it's just gonna get a home port afterwards.

soul calibur was originally released on playstation1 based hardware.the dreamcast version was a massive improvement over the arcade version both in graphics and options.

lindenburghs specs isnt as powerful than ps3 or 360 for that matter ive seen it quoted!

personally i just think it is a cmplete lack of originallity.pumping out sequel after sequel!

hell you dont need fancy graphics to make an addictive game remember tetris on the gb!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or because the market became so saturated with the same old games ie fighting games!

i really just think a lot of originality and innovative ideas are not there any more.

Easily is that the home market is on par or better then arcade hardware (only one or two arcade boards currently are better then home consoles, Sega's Lindbrugh is one of them for sure). Back in 92, you had the SNES/GEN ports and then the much crisp, perfect sounding and looking arcade version.

This all started when the Dreamcast came out, since it shared nearly the same specs as it's arcade counter part, the NAOMI. It was undoubtably the most arcade-perfect machine at the time. Soul Calibur is the main attraction. As it was perfect to the arcade in quality, and added a bit of bonus features. System 256 is based on Playstation 2 hardware, but has more RAM and GPU power compared the PS2, which leads itself to decent 3D/lukewarm 2D ports on the PS2.

If there's one reason to go back to arcades is the play fighters TBH. It's the only place where you can get good (beyond online play). But the mentality is, why go to the arcade if it's just gonna get a home port afterwards.

soul calibur was originally released on playstation1 based hardware.the dreamcast version was a massive improvement over the arcade version both in graphics and options.

lindenburghs specs isnt as powerful than ps3 or 360 for that matter ive seen it quoted!

personally i just think it is a cmplete lack of originallity.pumping out sequel after sequel!

hell you dont need fancy graphics to make an addictive game remember tetris on the gb!

Hrmmm... Soul BLADE originally came out for the PSX. Soul Calibur originally came out in the arcades and was ported over to the DC with immensely improved graphics.

If PS3 is more powerful then Lindbrugh then why is VF5 not an arcade perfect port?

Wrong. That was Soul Blade(or whatever the name of the arcade version is) was released on System 56 (or 24, I dunno what the name is). Soul Calibur was released on Naomi.

Lindburgh is in esscense, a PC-like system. It supports all the graphical capabilities as the PS3 (both use nVidia GPUs, except PS3 uses something similar to a 7x series I believe while the Lindburgh uses 6x series, which leads Lindburgh games to be easier to port to the PS3 because of the GPU). But both are fundementally different in terms of CPU processing. It's one of the most powerful arcade boards on the market after all. And graphically it's like comparing a high end PC to both the PS3 and 360. Most us would notice that the PC edges out both the PS3 and 360 in graphical quality.

Sega could very well upgrade the Lindburgh's GPU easily to the latest 7x GPU, but that would change cost of the system.

Cite the quote please.

Hrmmm... Soul BLADE originally came out for the PSX. Soul Calibur originally came out in the arcades and was ported over to the DC with immensely improved graphics.

If PS3 is more powerful then Lindbrugh then why is VF5 not an arcade perfect port?

because it was a rushed port ive read a lot of reviews about it!is ot true there is no online support on the ps3 port?soul calibur was originally on psx arcade hardware!

Edited by fumanchu

because it was a rushed port ive read a lot of reviews about it!is ot true there is no online support on the ps3 port?

PS3 version of VF5 came first and is based on Ver. B1 of the game. AM2 mentioned they MIGHT do a patch for online support, but not to changes too upgrade the game to Ver. C, which the 360 version is based on and is currently out in arcades.

Wrong. That was Soul Blade(or whatever the name of the arcade version is) was released on System 56 (or 24, I dunno what the name is). Soul Calibur was released on Naomi.

Lindburgh is in esscense, a PC-like system. It supports all the graphical capabilities as the PS3 (both use nVidia GPUs, except PS3 uses something similar to a 7x series I believe while the Lindburgh uses 6x series, which leads Lindburgh games to be easier to port to the PS3 because of the GPU). But both are fundementally different in terms of CPU processing. It's one of the most powerful arcade boards on the market after all. And graphically it's like comparing a high end PC to both the PS3 and 360. Most us would notice that the PC edges out both the PS3 and 360 in graphical quality.

Sega could very well upgrade the Lindburgh's GPU easily to the latest 7x GPU, but that would change cost of the system.

Cite the quote please.

WRONG soul calibur was released on namco system 12 hardware ps1 based i thank you!!!!!chek out system 16!

You fail at reading.

was released on System 56 (or 24, I dunno what the name is)

WRONG you must need reading glasses system 12 not naomi not 24 or 56 i thank you!!!

check again!!!

WRONG you must need reading glasses system 12 not naomi not 24 or 56 i thank you!!!

check again!!!

Ok, I guess I have the bold the part exactly.

Once again, you fail at reading.

check again!!!

Ok, I guess I have the bold the part exactly.

Once again, you fail at reading.

mmmmmmmm......nah!