Underrated bands

Velvet Underground

Lou Reed (Velvet Underground singer gone solo- Check out Perfect Day off the Trainspotting soundtrack)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Buzzroosters

Choking Victim (definitely worth checking out)

Leftover Crack (same as Choking Victim different drummer)

The Distillers

The Faint

The Locust (noise Rock, mostly not understandable, but the music itself is OK...but I find it cool that they use insect noises)

The Pixies (They did the last song in the last scene of"Fight Club" called "Where is My Mind" Also, check out "Gigantic" I love that song)

Steppinwolf (Come on.... you know you love that magic carpet song)

Psycotica (the best band of the 90's you never heard of)

Placebo

The Dead Milk Men

FreezePop

Oh the list just keeps going! So much music....so little time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. For the record, we don't have the same taste in music, EM and I. Anyway.... I'm stunted in the music field. But if I were to say anything........

They Might Be Giants.

Just on the fact, that there lyrical content, is way pastr the edge of sanity. The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a giant nuclear furnace

An interesting piece of trivia- Lacuna Coil showed up for a record signing at an electronics store in the Sydney CBD last Thursday. While wandering the store you could overhear a lot of the staff whining about how the forgot the band was coming that day and how they'd never even heard of them before.

I found it quite funny. Guess that makes them an underrated band?

I'd love to say that the Pixies are underrated, but they aren't. People have at least heard OF them. It wasn't Fight Club alone that catipulted them to great fame (in the U.S. to say the least, they were VERY popular in Europe during their `87-93 tenture). The fact Nirvana openly mentioned that they admired them and took their very much loud-quite-loud music dynamic. Even as far as saying they were trying to rip off "Debaser" for Teen Spirit. Of course the Foo Fighters as well owe their style to the Pixies as well. Covering "Tony's Theme" frequently in 1996-97.

tl;dr:

Pixes aren't underrated anymore. Maybe 20 years ago yeah, but certainly not now.

mmm many of the bands mentioned here are not underrated, they are famous bands indeed. Two underrated bands i like would be Days of the New and Tantric which is Days of the New with a new singer. Tantric band formation has changed btween discs bu I still like it.

The pixies is another underrated band

mmm many of the bands mentioned here are not underrated, they are famous bands indeed. Two underrated bands i like would be Days of the New and Tantric which is Days of the New with a new singer. Tantric band formation has changed btween discs bu I still like it.

Welcome back old friend. Glad to see you finally return.

Welcome back old friend. Glad to see you finally return.

thanks friend, it is good to be here again

oooh, an old member... a female one to boot :)

*humps you*

Whoa Whoa! Do you guys know what an underated band is? A band that doesnt get radio play out side of thier city/state! That is an underated band!

Half of the artists you guys have posted are like the biggest ever.

Nirvana is like #1 in grunge rock, everybody says it's that other guy but I dont care.

The cure?! Are you serious?! That is all emo 80s.

Survivor? Omg.... Game cop, they're 80's bands....they're not underrated....they're just old, you dont see everybody cranking up MC hammer all the time so you're definetly not gonna see this stuff playing on the radio, well not the "current" station anyways.

Guns and Roses? You're kidding right? that band is so fukcing huge it's not even funny.

Death Cab For A Cutie. That is the epitimy of emo.

Depeche Mode is NOT UNDERRATED.

+1 it's an 80's band, there's reasons why the back street boys and such bands you dont hear on the radio anymore IT'S AN OLDIE!