What NEW games do they sell in your area?

Robert

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People still buy games? :huh:

yes, people still enjoy supporting developers and their hard work...

I did too, till I got to buying games and realizing that the reviews and video clips I watched made the game out to be more than they were. My retail PC collection alone totals over 300 titles.

Got sick of forking over $50-$70 a game, for what 9 out of 10 times turned out to be utter trash. Haven't encountered a game since UT2003 (Last PC game I actually paid for) that was worth my money and wasn't shovelware.

When game devs can start putting out titles that actually make me want to pay, I will.

I prefer to buy used games :D

I'd rather pirate a game than buy it used.

I high five you for that. Last time i bought a game was about 2 years ago.

I really hate this mindset. I really do. I used to be like that though until I realized how poorly PC gaming was doing.

I can walk into any electronics store near here and pick up almost any new release so its all good.

I have always thought that games are way overpriced. But if I enjoy a game, then I will do my best to go out and buy it. I might rent it and burn it, play through it and find a real gem, then wait abit until the price comes down, but I will buy it if I really like it. I feel better that way.

Having said that, I still need to buy Quake 4. That game rocked my boxers.

I don't go into EB much anymore, but when I do, they seem well stocked with all the latest titles. Am I missing something?

Edited by Chaotica

first off i could get 200 cdrs for like 20 bux

game prices usually go about 60 for ps3 and 360 and some wii

a lot of the wii goes for between 39.99-49.99

Yeah but be careful, he got TDKs which are usually pretty good, For some real good CD-Rs at a good price a 200 pack is usually around 40 bucks, to get them for 20 is a little suspicious.

I prefer to buy used games :D

I'd rather pirate a game than buy it used.

I high five you for that. Last time i bought a game was about 2 years ago.

I really hate this mindset. I really do. I used to be like that though until I realized how poorly PC gaming was doing.

I can walk into any electronics store near here and pick up almost any new release so its all good.

To be honest, im going to BUY assassins creed, and UT3 and Gears of War for the multiplayer. Im really scared of playing games online if they are pirated. I dont like to take my chance :blink: .

Assassin's Creed doesn't have multiplayer.

I ment for UT3 and Gears of War. Those im buying mainly for multiplayer. And Assassins creed for the single player. I should have been more thorough.

People still buy games? :mad:

I did too, till I got to buying games and realizing that the reviews and video clips I watched made the game out to be more than they were. My retail PC collection alone totals over 300 titles.

Got sick of forking over $50-$70 a game, for what 9 out of 10 times turned out to be utter trash. Haven't encountered a game since UT2003 (Last PC game I actually paid for) that was worth my money and wasn't shovelware.

When game devs can start putting out titles that actually make me want to pay, I will.

Or maybe you don't have good taste :mad:

People still buy games? :mad:

I have sympathy for the parents who are forced to buy games for their kids for 40-50$, when the child plays it's for 10 min and is bored with it.

Yes, I do have a modded Xbox, and at the time when the Xbox was still getting games made for it, I pirated all of them, and I would have to say that only a few were worth purchasing. I downloaded every game that I was curious of playing, all of them were decent, but mostly considered as trash.

Mostly today it seems as if game companies don't spend much time on the game to make it better, just enough to get buy and sell it to all consumers for 50$. I've downloaded some games worth 50$, that were trash, wasted my DVD+R disc if you will.

Right now I watch and read as many reviews as I can, be sure to steer away from overrated games, don't get sucked in to spending half a 100$ for a game that everyone else has.