Unreal Tournament III PC requirements released

Mooney

Hey, My computer is CRAP! I will be building a new one from scratch, and, well... I am Noobed out. I am currently absorbing & learning as much information as I can about this. My friends are a great help, BUT, what do you guys think. Dreamcast Lover is absolutely right. You need 60+ FPS... But my pocket isn't so deep. And as far as this goes, I dislike compromise... But i might have to. "2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor" is inconceivable in terms of price. And "2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor" is cheap as hell. I want to run this monster like it deserves.

I have a 32" Wide Screen 720p and 1080i as my monitor. Its 1600:1. I'm not complaining, I love this thing. It's called an Olevia, and it cost me $560 after tax at Circuit City. Thing is, I don't want to turn settings down when I get it. I want to turn them levers UP UP UP! And If it isn't great, It'll stick out like a sore thumb on this screen. What to do what to do. I gotta find a balance. Say I go with ATI stuff, they seem to be more moderately priced. And obviously, like branded things are a must. Least hickups or whatever. Do you think ill find a good medium? If not, what the hell do you think I should look for. Id hate to spend over 600 dollars, But I think Ill have to.

Mother board seems to be my biggest concern. V-card, whatever, Ram, who cares, these will be fine, they are not so bad on my pocket, but how can I hammer out this motherboard issue!

Any input would be beneficial.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal is so good that it managed to pull me away from Quake

Do you have any idea how much Quake i played back in the day? It was like I never stopped.

These system requirements are pretty reasonable though, The Crysis requirements are pretty unfair in comparison.

To run an unreal game efficiently though you really have to blow away the recommended specs. Because its such a fast paced game you pretty much NEED at least 60+ FPS.

I feel opposite. Unreal games never had that proper feel to me that Quake games did. I liked the non-deathmatch modes like Assault in UT but for pure deathmatch (the most manly of internet games) Quake reigns supreme.

Also, the demo is out.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11252/Unre...urnament+3+Demo

Word. I'm a Quake Fanboy all the way (except for 2 and 4), for teamplay deathmatch gametypes UT is where you have to look at, it's 1v1 it's largly boring in compairison to Quake.

Edit: NEED MORE MIRRORS.

Heat Ray? I like that map. I love the performance I'm getting with this demo as well...

...it just has turned out to be an utter crash-fest so far. I haven't been able to knock up 5 frags without the game crashing, forcing me to restart, and going from the top again only to crash after 30 secs or less again.

So far the crashes seem to be happening to everyone though, so I guess I'll ride it out...

When I played the ctf map it kinda killed my framerate a bit, but all in all it was really fun. It felt that it kinda strayed away from 2k4, maybe because all the guys took steroid pills and were rejects from gears of war.

I played a bit earlier and I agree with Thagg on heatray. I don't like the map at all. However, I think Shangri la is great. I haven't had a chance to check out the vehicle CTF map yet though.

Any stability issues?

None so far.

It's incredible how well the game runs even on my aging hardware. I can keep the detail levels on 4, and even then I get some major stuttering only in the very beginning of matches, and then it evens out.

This coming from someone with a Radeon 9800 Pro and only 512 MB of RAM.